Looking to dive Ft. Pickens, et al.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, remembering what you taught me last summer on tides I'm thinking Sat. morning high tide will be the best viz??? Unless you change your mind on taking Friday off from work. I'm free whenever - you tell me the best time. I think my hubby is gonna come too - he'll kayak fish while we're diving.

Jay_SMART_Diver,

I may be able to swing the 9th, just have to see what time you'll be available to splash.

Tina,

I'm looking to dive all weekend long- - you tell me what's good for you and I'll meet you there!

Carl
Unfortunately I'll be coming in on the afternoon of the 9th after about an 8 hour drive, plus my tanks will be filled with Nitrox for my Oriskany charter on the 10th. Thank you though, happy diving. Post dive reports!!

My wife's brother and I are diving Ft.Pickens on Friday in the morning and I have 4 buddies that are doing a night dive on Friday at Pickens as well... So I'm always up for having you dive with us as well :)

We might be doing night dives Saturday and Sunday as well but just depends on how much nitrogen we pick up out on the boat those days.

sontek,

You guys diving out of PCB or P-cola on Sat. and Sun.? Depending on your gas mix and profile on your second dive those days, a shallower night dive may not be out of the question.

Tina,
It is true that high tide may or may not have much better viz.:confused: At Pickens, you may only have a 5-10 difference between low and high, and sometimes low may or may not be better. It all really just depends on more variables than we have the ability to predict or control. As a general rule, you want to try and plan your dive around high or low tide. Usually it helps get you in the water with less current. Halfway between the tides, the influx /outflow can be kinda strong.

I'll have to see what time I get home Friday night. If I'm not back in Mobile until after midnight, there's no way I'm getting up at 6am and driving right back over. Sunday may be another good option for a morning high tide dive over there, If you're interested.

Carl

Sunday is fine too. I'll need to rent tanks. I have a credit with the dive shop over here that I'd like to use up but they're not open every day. I'd have to call to see if they're open sat. or else pick up a tank tomorrow. Just let me know what you want to do.

Ok, change of Plans. My wife and I have rented a campsite at Pickens for Friday night. SOOO Sat. am is perfect. bamaskubacat, we can hit the water at 8 or whatever time you like. Just let me know what time you're headed over, and we'll meet you at the dive site.

To everyone else:

Night dive tomorrow around 7:30. Hitting it again on Sat. morning around 8-9. Come on out!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom