Looking to dive in Santa Monica / Marina Del Rey area, week of Mar. 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwjkswanson

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone:
I live in San Diego and am instructing a non-SCUBA class in the westwood village area.
I would be interested in diving with someone on one of the evenings I will be there. Either Tues., Wed., or Thurs. (March 8,9 or 10).

If you would be interested in meeting me please contact me and then we can trade cell phone numbers.

Details:
Just certified in Dec. 2004.
No problems with buoyancy control (not bouncing off the bottom).
No problems with a night dive. Have done 3.
I am a safe, careful diver with all my own equipment.
Would enjoy diving in a new area with someone who is out for maximum enjoyment.

Thanks. I know it is short notice but am hoping to hear from someone out there in the diving world.
jwjk

One other question.
Any idea where I could rent a tank for the evening?
Let me know.
Thanks again.
jwjk

you might try Sports Chalet in Marina del Rey because they are open late. When were you planning to leave Westwood?

kelpmermaid:
you might try Sports Chalet in Marina del Rey because they are open late. When were you planning to leave Westwood?

I figure to leave Westwood at around 4:45 pm. Why? Concerns with traffic?
jwjk

jwjkswanson:
I figure to leave Westwood at around 4:45 pm. Why? Concerns with traffic?
jwjk
Yes, that was my concern. That's my daily commute.

I think Sport Chalet is open until 9 pm. Even if you don't make it back in time to return the tank, it wouldn't be too out of your way to return it the next day. Dive N Surf is right there in Redondo Beach, but I don't think they are open that late, so the return could be a problem. You'd have to swing through Redondo Beach on your way home to drop it off.

kelpmermaid:
Yes, that was my concern. That's my daily commute.

I think Sport Chalet is open until 9 pm. Even if you don't make it back in time to return the tank, it wouldn't be too out of your way to return it the next day. Dive N Surf is right there in Redondo Beach, but I don't think they are open that late, so the return could be a problem. You'd have to swing through Redondo Beach on your way home to drop it off.

Any possibility of car pooling ??? I can drive if someone shows me the way.
Even part of the way??
jwjk

Back
Top Bottom