Looking to dive in Tampa Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vtdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey,
Taking the family down to the Tampa area (Gulfport) over the kids vacation from 4/20 thru 4/30 to stay with family, and would like to get some diving in.
Will have a rental car and am willing to drive an hour or so north or south. Anyone in the area interested? I am a PADI rescue certified diver and have done over 800 dives, but haven't been in the water since Oct, so would prefer the first dive to be a shake down dive. If I get the chance (if ice melts in time) I may try and get the shake down dive in before I leave.
Any takers?
C-Dawg

Make you a deal....we'll get you out in the Gulf (weather permitting) and you hook me up with a place to dive when I visit family in Jerico Vt.

Look in the central Florida section for Missdirected and she can help you out.

SeaFox charters, Tanks a Lot charters and Capt. Ty. Ty posts on the board so you could contact him directly.

eandiver:
Make you a deal....we'll get you out in the Gulf (weather permitting) and you hook me up with a place to dive when I visit family in Jerico Vt.

Look in the central Florida section for Missdirected and she can help you out.

SeaFox charters, Tanks a Lot charters and Capt. Ty. Ty posts on the board so you could contact him directly.
You've got a deal. We can either dive off my sailboat ( 29' Ericcson ) which I have in a slip in Mallets Bay, we'll all go out on my buddy's 20' Larson, or I'll set up a charter with Larry Boivin. Either way, we can get to a couple of the wrecks out on the lake. To check out some of the wrecks, go to www.victorysports.net and go to the charters page.
Any idea when you're coming up for a visit?
C-Dawg

No idea yet. I have a friend who just moved to the UP of Michigan and wants me to do some dives in the Algiers (sp) Preserve. I figure I can head up to Burlington to visit the sister and then go west.

There is a dive on the 21st, on Captain Ty's Boat, heading out to the Sheridan. I know it is the day after you arrive but I have to say, it is a heck of an opportunity. I believe there is one spot left.... Let me know :)

C-Dawg, if only you could figure out some way to get down to Key Largo, my family and some friends will be there diving from Apr 26-29. Well, actually my friends and I will be diving. My wife is a total non diver and my kids are little.

RedWingDiver:
C-Dawg, if only you could figure out some way to get down to Key Largo, my family and some friends will be there diving from Apr 26-29. Well, actually my friends and I will be diving. My wife is a total non diver and my kids are little.
Dude,
I may be able to pull that off. We are supposed to take the kids to Ft Myers to stay with their friends on the 26th thru the 28th. Let me see what I can do.
C-Dawg

FYI, we'll be diving with Silent World friday afternoon and saturday and sunday mornings. Well, Sunday will actually be a snorkelfest since my friends have to catch a plane later that day.

RedWingDiver:
FYI, we'll be diving with Silent World friday afternoon and saturday and sunday mornings. Well, Sunday will actually be a snorkelfest since my friends have to catch a plane later that day.
I used Silent World last Feb when I dove the Keys. We dove a total of 10 dives over 3 days with them. If I can do anything, it'll probably be just Friday, but I'll keep you posted.
C-Dawg

Sounds like you guys might be doing some diving in the Keys. As you probably know, Silent World is great. I have been diving with them on many occasions (I think I keep going back b/c of Allison's accent). :14:

If you don't make it to the keys, I, along with 5 other friends, will be diving Venice Beach Apr 27th-29th or 30th. Let me know if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom