Looking to Dive OBX the week of Sept 18-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Red

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Buffalo, NY formerly from Ontario, Canada
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdie Folks!
I'm from the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks part of the Scubaboard, and usually dive on the wrecks of the Great Lakes in Lake Ontario and Erie. all year round too - that includes Ice diving! :icosm13:
I'll be in Hatteras that week for a Surf Contest and would love to join up with some of you for a salt water dive or two.

I was just reading through some of the threads and I'm really stoked to see a new environment. In the spring I was able to connect with some divers from Long Island this way, and hope I can meet some of you too. There is nothing quite like seeing a new u/w environment with a like minded guide.

Post a Reply with suggestions for shore dives or operators or PM me.

Always glad to host visitors to Ontario as well! :fish:

Chris, I'm with you... Canada is closer, but I like to try to get to N.C. at least once a year. I was just there last week. Dove with Outer Banks Dive Center in Nags Head 2 days and with Outer Banks Diving in Hatteras 1 day. In Hatteras we dove the Dixie Arrow and the Mr. JC. Lots of fish, 3 foot long toadfish and tons of 'cuda on the Dixie and 7 sand tigers on the JC tug. Dove the Advance II and the U-85 out of Nags Head. Rally great dives. My first ocean drysuit dives in out of Nags Head. And for the first time ever the ocean was completely flat - like a pool table. I didn't puke once :) Next stop, New Jersey!

-Frank

Oops, forgot the links...

Nags Head
http://www.obxdive.com/

Hatteras
http://www.outerbanksdiving.com/

If you dive with the guys in Hatteras, be sure to bring plenty of water, they don't carry any on board... The guys in Nags Head have a public water cooler and they feed you dogs between dives. If you bring yummy home made cookies, they might even spring for brats :)

-Frank

Hi Chris,

If things go as planned - which they never seem to - I may be at the OBX the same weekend. I would like to drive up and dive the Huron and Triangle Wrecks before it gets too cold. I called the Outer Banks Dive Center a few weeks ago and they told me they take groups out for the shore dives twice a day. Around 9am and sometime later that day. I may be traveling without my dive buddy so I called to find out about going out with one of the DM. Before you travel down here post in the NC forum. Maybe some of us fellow SB members could meet up and dive.

suthnbelle, chris, which week-end? 18 or 25th? I've been wanting to dive them myself so maybe we could all go. A big scuba board dive. I could do it Sunday the 19th (not early morning...playing music the night the before) or Sat the 25th. I think OBXDIVEGUY lives there so maybe we can get him involved. Anyone else?

I think I could get in with that, and probably get wife to dive also. Just a 2 hr ride.How far do you have to lug equip. across beach? Do they allow 4 whl. drive trucks on beach?

Hi all,

I could most likely do either weekend but need to check my calendar first. I'll get back to you all in the next couple of days.

Melynda

Cool, I PM'ed OBXDIVEGUY and pointed him towards the thread.

I'll be out there today, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday this week. Most likely the mornings, but I'd love to get a couple of night dives in.

Shoot me a PM if you can get up with me!

See ya out there!

OBXDIVEGUY:
I'll be out there today, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday this week. Most likely the mornings, but I'd love to get a couple of night dives in.

Shoot me a PM if you can get up with me!

See ya out there!
Must be nice to get all that diving in while the rest of us are stuck in our cubicles. When you get a chance give us an update regarding your dives this week. I'm wondering what kind of wetsuit I'll need for the end of September. 3mil with a hooded vest?

By the way, do you know the Geddies who live in Duck? I went to college with their daughter.

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom