Looking to get started

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldGnome

New
Reaction score
# of dives
We just moved to Riverview, FL from Milwaukee, WI. I am interested in scuba diving, but I have never taken a lesson. I don't think I have even been close enough to a diver's air tank to touch it. :)

I was a competitive swimmer and springboard diver a looong time ago, but that is as close to scuba as I have come.

This forum was recommended by a high school classmate of mine who now lives in New Mexico.

You'll have a blast, good luck. Where is riverview?

Im in Utah, and i am trying to convince my wife we should move somewhere with a beach. However being young newlyweds and just starting a career (i.e. not financially stable enough to survive a move if i dont have a job lined up) its very hard. You lucky devil. :D

You'll be surprised how easy it is. Not at all an extreme or difficult sport.

- patient
- relaxed
- intelligent
- uber cool

I'm 42 and just certified this year with my GF and her 12 yr old son, we took the Padi OW courses together. I suggest the Every-Saturday for a few weeks, rather than the Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun intensive course.

Also, before you buy anything over 200$, rent and dive a few locations, cold water & warm water.

With OW, you'll learn the basics of freediving and snorkeling - down South it is quite fun and best of all, FREE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom