Looking to scare up some all-season dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to extend my network of dive buddies. My wife likes to dive but prefers warm water (with the exception of the Isle of Shoals).

I've been diving since 1998, dive dry year round, own all my own gear (doubles, singles, deco bottles, etc.), and enjoy most any kind of dive from shallow lobstering to entry level deco (160' or less on air). I have 13 or so certifications including PADI MSD, TDI Deco Procedures, and Adv. Nitrox. I stopped logging dives at 300 (estimate have about 350 or so).

I'm looking for buddies that like to dive through the winter. I live on the South Shore (MA) and dive pretty much all over MA and RI.

I've had mixed experiences soliciting new dive buddies sight unseen. If you're interested in expanding your network and don't mind a new buddy we can start with something low key to make sure we know how to put our gear on (he he).

Thanks

--Matt

I'm in. I have always enjoyed reading your postings and support for my fighting to have lobstering in NH. I'm a year round diver too and at same level. Adv. Deco/Nitrox, dive doubles, stage bottles. I'm in S. NH and spend a lot of time on Cape during summer so can meet up in S. Shore for dives in Plymouth area. Been diving since a yout and got certified in High School ('79) I still have dive gear older than most of the dive masters and kids working LDS's.

I'll dive with you a time or two to see how things work out. Most of my dives are rock hops so I don't do much in the way of deco but I've done my share of hang time down thru the years. I'm not a card collector so I've been OW for 40 years with over 1900 dives. PM me for contact info me if you'd like.

I dove throughout this past winter wet and want to do it again next winter. "In season" I pretty much only dive NH and Southern ME - for the most part - independent. My extended local range "off season" is Newport, RI to Portland, ME. I'd like to find some consistent dive buddies for the winter. I'd like to be on your mailing list when the season gets upon us again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom