Looks like Chinese compressors are getting better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I apologize for offending anyone with my characterization of "Chinese". I changed it to Chinese instead of what I had. I did not intend to be racist or xenophobic.

I apologize for offending anyone with my characterization of "Chinese". I changed it to Chinese instead of what I had. I did not intend to be racist or xenophobic.
I remember when made in Japan was pejorative, as was the case for made in “insert country not in Western Europe (except on Iberian peninsula)”. I can see not wanting to support an authoritarian government in China as being reasonable, especially as they are a geopolitical rival to the US, but the manufacturing there is because of economic forces that we ourselves participate in. Not to mention the most desired dive locations are most often located in low income countries with levels of governance and public infrastructure that we would not accept for our own areas of residence.

I remember when made in Japan was pejorative, as was the case for made in “insert country not in Western Europe (except on Iberian peninsula)”. I can see not wanting to support an authoritarian government in China as being reasonable, especially as they are a geopolitical rival to the US, but the manufacturing there is because of economic forces that we ourselves participate in. Not to mention the most desired dive locations are most often located in low income countries with levels of governance and public infrastructure that we would not accept for our own areas of residence.
There is often quite a lot of anti Asian sentiment on this forum in general and in particular currently signifiant anti Chinese rhetoric (probably whipped up by a former US president) and it seems to be tolerated but should not be.

Anti-Chinese government sentiment is allowed. Anti-Chinese race is not allowed. It's like you can post about your disdain over Israel, but you can't post anti-Semitic remarks. Yeah, it gets difficult to moderate, but we rely on our users to let us know. If you think a post has any racist remarks, please use the report button, as two of you have already done. Thanks to Jim for clarifying what he was trying to say.

However, let's not silt out the thread with any more political rhetoric. Take that to the Pub.

Looks like the same mch6 copy thats been around forever.
Not a bad cheap compressor, just slow.

My thoughts exactly. Spend 2x more and you can get an authentic one from Nuvair with readily available parts and support.

Looks like a bad cheap nasty Chinese copy of a poor mch6 Italian copy of a scuba compressor.
That been around forever but they have still not made it right

There I've fixed it for you.

They reference they comply with EN12021, I'm not certain if they comply to the 2014 update.
In order to claim they comply to EN12021 in a advert.
All you have to do is fill the one cylinder. The first cylinder in order to make the claim.
The rest you leave to the ignorant and dumb.

Buyer beware.

This is just another example of utter crap from China.
Build for idiots too dumb to understand and much too ignorant sadly to do anything about it.

In order to claim they comply to EN12021 in a advert.
All you have to do is fill the one cylinder. The first cylinder in order to make the claim.
The rest you leave to the ignorant and dumb.

Buyer beware.

This is just another example of utter crap from China.
Build for idiots too dumb to understand and much too ignorant sadly to do anything about it.
@iain/hsm any chance you'll ever be so kind as to finish the series you published on youtube in reference the compressor that we all like!?!

A general comment: To gain my trust as a customer, that company should find a US or EU distributor and sell it through them (perhaps they do, I have not checked). There is no way I would trust a mere internet claim that it complies with EU standards or it has adequate quality control.

Another warning: If a compressor breaks it can be very hazardous and I'd not want to be the importer and hence liable for any damage cuased, since the manufacturer is out of jurisdiction.

Back
Top Bottom