Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'd better be spared. I've got a dive trip to the keys next weekend.
I'll be PISSED if I don't get to go. MORE if I do get to go, but don't get to dive.

I am keeping our plans to dive the SE area fluid at the moment, i can always cancel the hotel reservation more than 24 hours and only get a $25 fee - better than going down to find viz blown out by big waves or finding ourselves in the middle of a hurricane zone (again) - we shall see! Will be able to make a better decision on this around tuesday/wednesday i guess when it reaches the Bahamas or so and starts showing if its going to turn. Lets just hope :wink:

I also have a trip to the Keys Labor Day weekend. My wife and I our scheduled to do our OW certifications. This sucks... sucks bad... sucks real bad. :(

Well I hope you guys and girls stay safe. We have our own Cat 5 typhoon hitting Kyushu Japan starting tonight. The wind is already very strong outside now, and it's just the beginning. Rain forecast for tomorrow is also 500-700mm - big floods. This one looks like quite a ride.

KimLeece:
Well I hope you guys and girls stay safe. We have our own Cat 5 typhoon hitting Kyushu Japan starting tonight. The wind is already very strong outside now, and it's just the beginning. Rain forecast for tomorrow is also 500-700mm - big floods. This one looks like quite a ride.
i hope you and your family are safe and come out of it with minimal damage you your self and your property.

good luck
brian

Good Luck Kim
I drove past Port Charlette yesterday, and it is so different to see the devestation live. Incredible. Incredible. Incredible. Lots of Blue roofs--as in tarps. Hurricane hit 2 weeks ago, and we saw downed powerlines, poles down, hundreds and hundreds of trees down...and that was just from the main roads...we didn't tour the area, just passed thro!
Batten down the hatches, and PRAY!!

The crazy thing is while we know its there, there isnt any defined route of progress until it actually happens. Still, I'll take a hurricane over earthquakes any day!

dyarab:
I also have a trip to the Keys Labor Day weekend. My wife and I our scheduled to do our OW certifications. This sucks... sucks bad... sucks real bad. :(

I have a trip booked on Blackbeards leaving for the Bahamas saturday so, right there with ya.

Good luck to everyone directly dealing with hurricanes....typhoones... all of it.

i am looking at the weather in the news and this storm has my attention.

if it follows the track it will be on my door step by saterday.:429:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom