Looks like Scubapro has a new and improved G260 out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never considered a good reg to be obsolete until it stops working. Most of mine (Mk10/G250s) are 15-25 years old and still deliver.

That's a good price from Dolphin for the 250v. My dive shop told me about the 260 a couple months ago and tried to give me a deal on a 250v. But not that good of a deal. They shouldn't last long at $200. I'd get one if I didn't have a sickness where both my second stages had to be the same. $200 is tempting but I can't swing $400 for something I don't need. :).

I notice the video that introduced it on You Tube showed the museum and nothing bad at all was said about the older regs like the 109 and 250, only good things. I suspect y'all can lighten up on the Scubapro bashing or just buy Chicom regs at half the price.

N[/QUOTE]
I saw the video and I agree nothing bad was said about the older regs. That's because virtually nothing at all about them was said, except for a comment that the person being interview had owned one, an Air 2 I think. Everything else was given a very brief scanning camera shot from a distance, and attention then shifted to newer things. Some entertaining discussion about g250 diaphram cover color variations, and that's it On to the new. If this is a template for the new SP museum then there really will be no SP museum.

I just was on the Scubapro web site and low and behold the G250V has been replaced by the G260.
The new and improved model looks to be both left or right side mountable.
I just picked up an extra G250V this week , and now it is allready obsolete.

Jim Breslin

If you want to get rid of that 'ol junk g250v, just give me a holler!

Wonder what inspired that? SWITCHBACK Reversible 2nd Stage

Nah, I think Apeks started it - But I do hope SP's found a smarter way to deal with the reversal than that dreaded pin that's buried deep inside the barrel.

The P i l o t was ambidextrous when Apex was just a gleam in someone's eye.

I stole the image below from this worthwhile thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...ator-museum-every-scubapro-reg-ever-made.html

th_DSC_0023.jpg

Nah, I think Apeks started it - But I do hope SP's found a smarter way to deal with the reversal than that dreaded pin that's buried deep inside the barrel.

Apex is not even close to being first. And when it comes to switching right to left nothing beats a Tekna T2100/Oceanic Omega or Poseidon side breather.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom