Looky what I got

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Scuba Cowboy sent me this DH reg. I put it on a steel 72 with a freedom plate. There is plenty of clearance between the can and plate and I think the positioning is right? I don't know, you guys tell me, Is the tank and can about right height wise?
I can't wait to try it out!

Attachments

• P1010121.JPG
    P1010121.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010122.JPG
    P1010122.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010123.JPG
    P1010123.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 106
Looks like a great fit. I have no double hose experience yet, so I can't speak for the height.

Henrik

The height looks way too perfect. You might want to raise it up some so you can validate claims of those "hard-breathing double hose regulators":wink:
(Well, may be true for Healthways Scuba regs. Haven't tried one yet. Let us know how it goes.)

If that is a Healthways he may not have to validate the claims of hard breathing, they usually breath like sucking through a straw. I don't have my glasses so forgive me if I am not seeing right.

The position looks about right, perhaps a tad lower than required. Also, the hoses do not exit the cans correctly, what I mean is that the clocking looks incorrect but to some degree that is preference. It is usually a more 10 and 2 clocking and that looks like 10:30 and 2:30, lol.

I think you will find that the more common USD/Voit regs sit a bit different. If nobody has loaned you a USD reg when I get back from SD shout at me and I will send you one to try out and actually dive if you like. Least I can do, should have already done it. I got one on the bench, she won't be pretty but should fix up nice enough, just need to put it back together and tune it.

N

Looks good Eric, that reg fits well with the Freedom Plate. Gotta try mine out soon. I have found that the Healthways regs are actually pretty good breathers, especially when you put the bigger hoses & mouthpieces on them. The original Healthways hoses were only 1" so definately harder breathing.

Looks good Eric, that reg fits well with the Freedom Plate. Gotta try mine out soon. I have found that the Healthways regs are actually pretty good breathers, especially when you put the bigger hoses & mouthpieces on them. The original Healthways hoses were only 1" so definately harder breathing.

I will second that. The Healthways SCUBA that I have became an entirely different regulator when I put some USD hoses and mouth piece on it. Compared to a Mistral it doesn't deliver as much volume but is very smooth, quiet, and the cracking effort is somewhat better than the Mistral. It could be the large diaphram and well engineered levers. If it had a venturi and a silicone diapram I think it would be great. I saw on VSS sometime back that someone was working on this. Mmmmm...I think I have just defined my next project after the 30w HID light head.

Nemrod, the hose angle on the Healthways Scuba is non-adjustable without cutting and brazing. Both horns are on the top can.

Nemrod, the hose angle on the Healthways Scuba is non-adjustable without cutting and brazing. Both horns are on the top can.

Yes, I see that but nonetheless it looks like the hoses would route better if they had made the angle more acute, just another thing I don't like about them. Not much of a guru on those since my only experience with one many years ago explained why it was "On Special" being as attempting to get air from it was akin to sucking ice cream up a straw.

In the pictures you can see how the built in clocking leaves the hoses hanging off the shoulders rather than flowing over them, it must work though. I guess I am just to much into "USD Think" and should broaden my horizons.

I am happy to see some people are figuring out how to make use of them, they are pretty and looks great on the Freedom Plate.

N

Looks like a nice set up...

ZKY,

The vintage divers have won a major victory by getting you to use a doublehose. Welcome to the disease!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom