Looney Birds on the Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, on a request from M7 to find out about the comparative acommodations of the two boats for the trip, I received this message from Cpt. Terry:

">>> Terry Crowell <captterry2001@yahoo.com> 5/23/2006 9:28:33 PM >>>
Right now I am having trouble finding a second boat. The one I had lined up backed out. I don't believe there are any scuba charter boats as nicely appointed as mine for the price. One captain I contacted said he would take 6 divers for $900.00. He has a 28 foot center cousole Contender with no faciliies. I am still trying to make accomadations for your group and will keep you advised."

My response to him was that if the second boat has not been secured by June 10, it will have to be canceled. I just won't work with that sort of time frame.

The list of precedence of sign up by date is as follows:

the K
Yellow Angel Fish
NetDoc
Brian B.
M Bipartitus
M7
Yukoneer/ScubaJW
Allen S.
Laura S.
MikeRAult

Obviously, I must honor the committment of the divers by the date which they committed, should the second boat have to be canceled.

Needless to say, I'm somewhat distressed by this situation.
But let's see what happens.

the K

I've come up with a contingency plan that might be viable if a second boat can't be secured.

I've e-mailed Cpt. Terry to see if a charter would be available for Sunday, the 25th.

If so, there would be minimal logistical rearrangement for the second 5-6 divers.

I'll post as soon as I find out.

the K

Thanks for keeping us completely up to date, I appreciate it.

You bet, buddy !!!

the K

Update on Reef Dive - 5/27/06

As of this morning, I still haven't heard back from Cpt. Terry if a charter is available for Sunday, June 25th.

I'll send another e-mail. Perhaps I'll get an answer today.

the K

I received an e-mail from Cpt. Terry this weekend.

He's trying to reschedule the dive he had for the 25th to acommodate the second contingent of 6 divers.

I guess I should ask Yukoneer, ScubaJW Allen S., Laura S., MikeRAult and diver XXX if you guys are agreeable to doing the dive on Sunday, June 25th?

the K

I checked with Allen and Laura, they're OK with a Sunday dive.

You guys?

Would one of you like to pick this up and be the point man?

the K

Update:

Because of conflicts, there will not be a full contingent of divers to make up the Sunday, June 25 dive.

I e-mailed Cpt. Terry this morning cancelling the June 25th reservation.

Sorry it didn't work out guys!

the K

So we get our dough back...right :)

No. I'm going to keep it as a hassle fee.

Of course you get your money back, you dolt !!! :D
But it's in Yen.

the K

Back
Top Bottom