Loonies to the Loch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to say that I wont be able to make it out to LLM. The tampa trip kinda put me out a little. I'll go the next time around. I think I will go and enjoy the air show at dobins this weekend, or maybe do a dive at lanier.

Kyle

Never got a response from the email on the site, but have to much to do - too little time.

Have a good dive. If you guys remember try and find out about children accompanied but a non diving adult.

Take pics.

Braz

Just got back (well, at 11pm last night) Saturday was great! There were six of us diving, and the water was 61 on the surface and down to 51 at 77 feet. I did an air dive then had the tank refilled with EAN32 (well, EAN36 which the residual air diluted to 31.5) then did a nitrox dive. Plenty to see (fish, the occasional odd sculpture, a small boat) and lots of variation in depth (20 down to 77 feet). I was going to try out my camera but had the settings screwed up (it would timeout at one minute, so by the time I got in and down, it had turned off). Kracken got some great shots I am sure with his new camera so he will post them later today more than likely. I have attached a dive profile showing depth and temp and a shot of all of us loonies that made the trip. Guess who actually took the picture?

Thanks everyone who turned out to dive and thanks TK for spearheading this trip. I had a really great time yesterday on my two dives. The place was really nice and the water was very clear! I liked this place more than Alabama Blue Water and the viz was a whole lot clearer than the last couple of times that I've been to ABWA.

And as everyone knows, when the Loonie Birds gather, there can't be a dive without a "Dine" and I had a great time at dinner last night with everyone. Next time I will have to stay the night at the Loch.

And I want to say a very large thank you to TK and Yellow Angel Fish for the Mayfield Icecream cone. That was delightful. We were KIDS in the Ice Cream shop. Thanks again.

Looking forward to our next outing.

Jeremy

It was GREAT to have all of you join together to go to the Loch!

Yep, dinner was great, albeit a somewhat protracted matter. The price ended up pretty nice!

Just to make all of you feel better, the weather Sunday was no improvement over Saturday. In fact, after the fleeting promise of sunshine around 9 a.m. it became even more overcast than Saturday with a high of about 65 degrees.

I got in 4 really nice, leisurely dives. Unfortunatley Yellow Angel Fish had some equalization problems and called it early in the day.

Stacy and Rick expressed their thanks for the Looney Birds coming up and diving with them and expressed their desire to have us again.

Glad you guys like the place.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom