Loonies to the Loch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The camping that can be had has no hook-ups. It's a "bring a tent" kind of thing.
Rates and what not can be found at "loch-low-minn.com".
Be more than happy for you guys to come along. The more the merrier, I say . . .

For those in the greater Atlanta area, what I'd like to do is meet up together in the Alpharetta area that Saturday morning and travel up as a group.

If anyone is interested, I'll post directions to a staging area.

the K

Quick reply Kraken, thanks.

All I really need to do is clear a swap day at work, which I don't think will be a problem, and we would be in.

Please post all the relevant info.

How bad off would I be with a 3mm long john over a 3mm shortie?

I handle cold water very well as long as I keep moving.

Braz

Braz, can't comment on the wetsuit, only you can answer that question.

OK, tenative travel plans:

Saturday, April 29

0730 hours: meet at parking lot of MacDonald's at intersection of Crabapple and Ga Hwy 140.

0800 hours: Depart MacDonald's - turn left out of parking lot; proceed via Ga Hwy 140 (north/west) through Canton to intersection of Ga Hwy 140 and US Hwy 411

@ intersection of Ga 140 and US Hwy 411 turn right (north)

Proceed via US Hwy 411 north to Etowah, TN

@ intersection of US Hwy 411 and Tn Hwy 30 turn left (west/north)

Proceed via Tn Hwy 30 to Athens, TN

@ intersection of Tn Hwy 30 and Co Rd 307 turn right (north)

[Now, if anyone is interested, we can do a quick stop at the Mayfield Dairy plant and get some really good icecream]

Follow signs to Loch-Low-Minn

Approximate drive time 2:30

(Directions to Ga Hwy 140 and Crabapple Rds)

From Ga Hwy 400:
Take 2nd Holcombe Bridge Rd. exit (140 West)
Follow Ga Hwy 140 to intersection of Crabapple and Ga Hwy 140. (The Silos)

From I-575:
Take Ga Hwy 92 East to intersection of Ga Hwy 9 and Ga Hwy 140, turn left and follow Ga Hwy 140 to intersection of Crabapple and Ga Hwy 140. (The Silos)

Have a kink in the plan.

Looks like they don't admit children. My Dad usually comes with us to watch over our 3year old Daughter.

I sent them an Email, will have to wait and see what comes back.

Braz

The Kraken:
Braz, can't comment on the wetsuit, only you can answer that question.

OK, tenative travel plans:

Saturday, April 29

0730 hours: meet at parking lot of MacDonald's at intersection of Crabapple and Crossville Rds.

0800 hours: Depart MacDonald's - turn left out of parking lot; proceed via Ga Hwy 140 (north/west) through Canton to intersection of Ga Hwy 140 and US Hwy 411

@ intersection of Ga 140 and US Hwy 411 turn right (north)

Proceed via US Hwy 411 north to Etowah, TN

@ intersection of US Hwy 411 and Tn Hwy 30 turn left (west/north)

Proceed via Tn Hwy 30 to Athens, TN

@ intersection of Tn Hwy 30 and Co Rd 307 turn right (north)

[Now, if anyone is interested, we can do a quick stop at the Mayfield Dairy plant and get some really good icecream]

Follow signs to Loch-Low-Minn

Approximate drive time 2:30

(Directions to Crossville and Crabapple Rds)

From Ga Hwy 400:
Take 2nd Holcombe Bridge Rd. exit (140 West)
Follow Ga Hwy 140 to intersection of Crabapple and Crossville Rds. (The Silos)

From I-575:
Take Ga Hwy 92 East to intersection of Ga Hwy 9 and Ga Hwy 140, turn left and follow Ga Hwy 140 to intersection of Crabapple and Crossville Rds. (The Silos)

Sounds like a plan...very early for me but still a good plan!
Jeremy

I'll tell ya-all what...I'll give it a positive maybe. I will try to arrange my flight out for Monday instead of Sunday, if that works I may join you all on this excursion. Need to get wet in the worst way...also have new camera to try out...

Mike

Can you dry a semi-dry suit in the dryer on delicate? I amy want to take it with me when I flyout on Monday and hop over to Rock Lake Wisconsin for the weekend while I am in Michigan after the dive weekend...

Yeah, Mike, you can.

Put a couple of towels in with it to dampen the bumping.

the K

I'm out.

My brother's first born has his B-Day on the 29th, sorry , will try to catch the next gathering.

Braz

Please note that I've made some changes to the descriptions of the intersections.

Anyone need my cellphone number just PM me and I'll send it along.

Also, if any of you have the FRS hand held radios, they can make the trip a bit more interesting.

By the way, I'll sneak this in here:

I've an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus w/quick disconnect for sale for $200 if anyone is in the need of a good pdc.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom