Loonies to the Loch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, you're better off hitting I-515 and taking it up to Blue Ridge. Left on HWY 5. then left on HWY 64 (leads past the Olympic White Water Rafting Center) which leads to 411.

Or at least 515 to Hwy 136 and over.

Both will save you time over taking 140 to 411 then up, and watch the speed limit thru Benton and Chatsworth, and the other two small towns.

Preston

I like the drive up 411. Getting there is half the enjoyment.

Besides, if I went by the Ocoee, I'd be tempted to stop and paddle it.

the K

Okay, the trip is getting close fast... I've never been to Loch Low-Min and don't know the best route to take. I know (from where I live) I would take I-75 north to Hwy 411. From there I don't know where to go. I see on the map that I should take 411 up to Athens, TN (the town where Loch Low-Min is at) but I don't know the turn by turns. I've tried to mapquest it but mapquest can't find the actually destination...other than town.

So question...How do you get to the Loch.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Take Hwy 411 north to Etowah, TN. In Etowah take Hwy 30 west to Athens.

When you get into Athens, start looking for the Mayfield Dairy signs. Take the road that goes to the Mayfield Dairy plant and just keep going until you see the sign pointing to Loch-Low-Minn.

the K

Jer, I'll try to get some of those tri-glide keepers with the tang cut between now and the dive.

So, how many of you Looney Birds are planning on going to the Loch?

So far, it looks like Jer, M/Bi, scubaPT, Frogman, my friend Brian B., my wife and me.

We're planning on staying over Saturday night and grilling a steak or two.

Anyone else ?????

the K

The Kraken:
Jer, I'll try to get some of those tri-glide keepers with the tang cut between now and the dive.

Thanks

The Kraken:
We're planning on staying over Saturday night and grilling a steak or two.

Anyone else ?????

the K

I don't believe that I will be staying over with y'all. I can only go play all day on Sat.

Jeremy

Im still not sure if I can go or not, it is going to be one of those last minute decisions. Heather and I are going on a trip this coming up weekend to Tampa, so Im not sure if the funds are going to be there for the loch. I will try my best though.

Kyle

Hey, KP, this would be a GREAT dive for Miss "H".

50' visibility - 56 degrees with no thermocline.

The temp should be better by the 29th.

the K

Hope you can make it out Kyle. TK has me drooling with that 50'vis - 56 deg. statement.

Either way you and Heather have fun on your trip.

Jeremy

New Divers here.

Braz and Renee, Tim From was our Instructor class/pool. We might be able to tag along, camping grilling a must, Diving, a strong possiblity.

Is there any camping available on site or very close?

Looking forward to becomming part of the group.

Braz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom