Los Angeles County ADP Training Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abrown203

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

I just posted a question about Los Angeles County's ADP training course in the "Classes" section of ScubaBoard. Since it relates to a local diving training course I though I would drop a link to it here as well.

Thanks,

Aaron

Have heard very good things about it from friends who have taken the ADP class. It does require a significant commitment to complete. I'm LAC certified (from the 60's).

Dr. Bill

this is the best thing i ever did . Got my masters and rescue in the course
plus dan o2 . 2 years back. i'm thinking about taking it again this summer.
this is THE DIVE CLASS for anyone who wants to learn diving past ow
all instructors are not paid . they do this for the love of diving
all money you give them pays for boat trips and other stuff that cost them
no one makes any profit from this program

This sounds totally awesome! I have been reading about this for some time and hope to be able to do this in the next year or two with my wife. What a wonderful experience this must be. Do they limit the size of the course? Do they still have tests like PADI does for there courses? Anyone willing to add some idea of the structure of the course and more about there experience would be great. Thanks!

"Do they limit the size of the course? Do they still have tests like PADI does for there courses? Anyone willing to add some idea of the structure of the course and more about there experience would be great. Thanks!"

The size of the program is generally limited to 40 divers with groups being broken up into teams of 7-10. Lectures and dives are generally held on consecutive days. There is testing that usually relates to specific lectures so you need to pay attention to them. You won't want to miss them any way as they are generally recognized experts in the field of diving like Jeff Bozanik and Glen Egstrom. It's such a great program. You'll get so much more out of it than you will out of any other agencies programs.

I'll include the clip about ADP from the CA diving news I posted in the classes section:

http://www.saintbrendan.com/July4/LACoADP.html

Thanks for the info. My wife and I are moving to LA sometime this year (we hope) and have our eyes on this class. Hopefully we will be able to do it this year or 2006. Is it only done once per year?

ADP is held only once per year, in the summer. In the winter LA County teaches the instructor's course (this has just started for this year). Some people take both, back-to-back. I know of at least two current instructor candidates that were in last summer's ADP.

I plan to do ADP this summer. I actually planned on last summer, but got a consulting job that ate up my time.

:yleyes:

Wow. After reading up on the ADP, I've realized it's exactly what I was looking for in an Advanced class. I'm gonna sign up either this year or next. Probably this year. Cool. Very cool.

mccabejc:
Wow. After reading up on the ADP, I've realized it's exactly what I was looking for in an Advanced class. I'm gonna sign up either this year or next. Probably this year. Cool. Very cool.

Jim, just so you know, from what I was told, you have to already have PADI or NAUI advanced certification to take the class.

After you are done with the class, I believe you will be receive a NAUI master's and rescue certification, if you choose to pay an extra fee. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong here).

Scott

I just gave them a call and they said only OW is prerequisite.

They also said they only accept the coolest guys. So I'm in, baby...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom