Los Cabos best restaurants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider yourself lucky! If ya wanna ride in a car and wonder if at anytime a motorcycle or other vehicle pulls up and start shooting into the car.........go for it! Take a Uber.....it will be great fun they said! Its not the Uber driver to fear.....its whether the Uber your riding in will be targeted by the taxi cartel.
Please...just because others have Ubered once or twice and escaped un-harmed doesn't mean you should go and put yourself in danger with the current war going on between the Mexican/Cartel mafia taxis and Uber. No....of course you wont hear about it in the press and media because they don't want to effect tourist dollars. Lets not get into the corruption conversation that goes on around here.

Your comments are exaggerated and hysterical. Anyone should do their own research online and can ask their hotel's, dive shops or locals if Uber is safe. Yes, Uber drivers get harassed by taxi drivers just like in many European cities.

Ha ha......OK scubaNYC16....yeah you live here so your probably right. My apologies for hysterically exaggerating this topic.

MrBigFins: When you get here....ask around some of the locals on whether you should Uber or Taxi, and please please follow their advice! Most places are pretty safe and the tourist industry is well protected and well sheltered to the unfortunate realities of the bad events that go on here. Have a great trip and PM if you have more questions.

Several weeks ago a friend of mine who lives near La Paz told me a Uber driver had his hand almost chopped off with a machete just north of La Paz. Googled and nothing found.
Here is just one report that got out....its Mexico City but this goes on everywhere and Baja especially.
Uber Drivers Hunted Down in Mexico as Taxi Unions Fight Online Competition

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom