Los Cabos (Mexico) Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair

New
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm really-really a newbie. I went on my first dive yesterday for my PADI. I'm a little nervous in the ocean, but swim like a fish in a pool and have snorkeled for over 30 years. My instructor is really good and is very thorough, so I'm thankful.

I've retired to Mexico and have picked up this sport as a hobby and exercise. I live in Los Cabos, MX. Any suggestions, tips and warnings that you can provide would be helpful. I've read that the water here in Los Cabos has many different currents. I know that can be dangerous for snorkelers... is it just as dangerous for divers? Anyone out there experienced with Los Cabos?

I only wish I had decided to do this when I was in Tahiti, Hawaii or the Bahamas (it's not too late!).

By the way... speaking of Tahiti... I'm looking to reconnect with a dive-couple who'se name I don't remember. You're from California and we met in February of 2001 on the island of Moorea. We stayed at the Sheraton Moorea and I was the only single peson there and at the time I was from Atlanta!

We had some fun experiences together, including the times you saved my neck. One was the outrigger canoe being blown out to sea, the second was snorkeling and the current was taking me out and you stayed with me as I swam for shore. Remember when the tour boat that was taking us to the deserted island for lunch/snorkel broke down and we thought we were going to have to swim for shore?.... If you read this, please contact me... I lost your contact info!

Yoiu may also remember me talking about Tahitian Noni juice (www.tahitiannoni.com/blair).

I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone who has tips for a beginner.

Thanks!

...and may the diving force be with you.

:wave: And welcome to the party line. Fun place to spend some of your Surace Intervals. Looking forward to your participation...

I know NOTHING about your area, but I'm sure some others here will. Hit the Search button at the top and see what pops.

Thinking about coming that way next summer. Hope you're up to playing dive host by then...?
:cheers:
don

Blair, the best way to find out about local dive conditions is to....

go down to your local dive shop (LDS) and ask them. I know there are a couple in Cabo San Lucas, don't know about SJDC.

Hi! Welcome to Scubaboard and to scubadiving itself!! Dive safe and have lots of fun!

For questions regarding Mexico, I would suggest looking at the Central America forum... lots of people seemed to have dived there, who could give you useful tips.

Good luck with the rest of your diving course!

Watersprite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom