Lost 40lbs... now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. And you're right..hah...with three teenage girls in the house, I do have to search for the bowflex sometimes....under all the clothes.
But at age 55 (in 2 months) free weights kill me. The initial torque it takes to get the weight moving is more joint stress then the slow build up of tension in the bowflex.

Good point. There is not a proportional reaction or give to ones effort causing material muscle tears as oppossed to the desired micro-tears. In addition, undue tendon stress is also occuring. I think I pretty much covered my opinion of Bowflex. Would rather have the FBI after me than RJP. :sprint:

That is impressive. The problem area for me is eating, as in what
Types of foods to eat to get the correct ratio of protein and carbs.
How to eat and what to eat are areas where I'm still learning.
I'm looking forward to the responses.
Great work on your fitness gains.

-Mitch

I would recomend joining a local gym (sell the Bowflex) and initiate a comprehensive regime in order to increase muscle density...

In a perfect world that would work, but with a day job, a commute, a wife, two kids (and ScubaBoard) there's not enough hours in the day. The BowFlex and the stepper sit in our finished basement. Tonight for instance I got home, did 1/2hr on the stepper while helping my daughter with her homework, ran upstairs, put dinner on the grill, ran downstairs did a few sets of bench presses, ran upstairs, flipped the chicken on the grill, ran downstairs, etc. By getting an hour workout in during "family time" as opposed to coming home an hour later, getting yelled at, etc, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom