Lost At Sea In Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine-- it was a terrible movie. Come on, Vince and I argue like that on the boat not just in the water (LOL). I can believe their acting, but it was really bad.

catherine96821:
Men are always ridiculing that movie. I would like to point out that it was a "character study in the psychology of crisis" and that it was a very low budget film. maybe you guys need to think deeper. You all just want easy entertainment, all the time! Am I the only person on the planet that liked this movie???...how can that be?
You liked that movie...?! :11:

What I hate about that moving - no, haven't see it, but then I don't do many movies and no TV since 1988 - is the damage it's done to our sport as well as shark hysteria.

medium-smiley-103.gif

catherine96821:
maybe you guys need to think deeper. You all just want easy entertainment, all the time!

Well that shoots down the new Georgia Aquarium glass cleaning by the Hooters dive team idea !!

catherine96821:
Men are always ridiculing that movie. I would like to point out that it was a "character study in the psychology of crisis" and that it was a very low budget film. maybe you guys need to think deeper. You all just want easy entertainment, all the time! Am I the only person on the planet that liked this movie???...how can that be?

Well, IMO the movie went from one star to two stars when the actress got naked :D

Seriously, that was one bad movie, and it's NOT just a male perspective, my wife was less impressed with the nude scenes, and left it with a star only because zero stars is generally not an option :14:

Charlie99:
so I have a pretty well calibrated eye, and rarely have I ever seen even a 2kt current on a drift dive in Cozumel.

I agree. Lots of us, including me, tend to overestimate currents. Let's face it, even a 2 knot current is reasonably swift

This past Oct. we put in on Palancar Gardens and 45 minutes layer did a safety stop on San Franciso Wall, was picked up about half way on that reef.
Four years ago we put in on the north end of Villa Blanca, at the light house, went south through both piers, I was picked up by a glass bottom boat in front of El Presidente and the dive boat was on Yucab picking up some of our group, I was the last one in the group. I love a good ride, there's nothing to, get set and watch the world go by. Have the need for speed! Tom

Great thread. How many of you old divers remember diving cozumel with a horsecollar and fishing boat which may or may not make it back.

I think this giant thread deserves an ORLY:

orly.JPG

Am I the only one that wonders why they would allow taking this guy back out to Punta Sur to do an advanced dive after a pretty clear demonstration that he wasn't up to it?

More than anything, I saw the lesson being ... one person could (and did) put the DM and the rest of the dive group in a bad spot. While a person should make a decision about being ready to do a dive, the group needs to remember they are potentially putting themselves in danger if they encourage some one beyond their skill set.

It would be interesting to know what this guy did to become ready to do this dive the next day. Anyone still figuring out their weight doesn't seem to need to be dropping down to 130 ft., emptying a tank, and then finding out they can't do a safety stop.

I am still new enough to this to figure everytime I change conditions from my experience, I need to tread cautiously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom