Lost at Vista Blue, Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakayaker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I lost my glasses (with clip ons) and my Budget Rental car keys at Vista Blue on Thursday June 4th. Anyone diving ther please be on the lookout as they are costly to replace (and I can still get a refund on the lost keys).

BTW it was a really stupid afternoon on my part!

Thanks,

Ray 1-(203)858-1017 if you find them

We did that our first time on Bonaire. My boyfriend went snorkeling and forgot the keys were in his pocket. What a pain in the butt too on vacation. We'll be there in July, I'll be on the lookout. :D

Sorry to hear about the gear loss, rakayaker. I'd recommend putting the rental car/truck key on a stainless steel split ring attached to a BCD D-ring. It's a looooong walk back to the rental car place from some of those northern dive sites.

Hopefully, someone will find your glasses and keys...

Liz,

In the water ... I lost the glasses right at the shoreline as I was zipping them into my bc pocket (curses on being badly nearsighted and too vain to wear my goggles until I have to!) dropped them and they were swept out. The keys I dropped about 30 feet out or so in 3 feet of water when I unzipped my wetsuit (where I had put them to keep them safe) and forgot they were there!

Thanks so much!

Ray

I feel your pain. I lost my glasses on my honeymoon while diving in Curacao. It was first dive and I had put them in a dry box that was tucked in to my BC pocket, except I forgot to close to pocket. I am sure someone in Venezuela ended up with a pair of very nice Oakley prescription glasses.

It's actually really interesting what gets washed up on the southern end of Bonaire, don't know if Curacao or Aruba are like this, but LOTS of flotsam and jetsam. Not everyone in my party liked them, but I thought the "artworks" - driftwood piles decorated with whatever washes ashore were fun to look at. I'm sure some day beat up glasses and keys will be hanging from one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom