Lost D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck. That's a small item to find in a big ocean. Were you beach diving or boat diving? Any line ups? It'd be easier to keep an eye out for it if we know about where to look.

We were diving off a boat. Straight out from the middle of the point about 100 yards at the edge of the kelp. Depth about 35 ft.

Ouch! I'm holding a good thought for its recovery, and I think I'll go downstairs and kiss my DSS gauge boots in gratitude.

Ouch! I'm holding a good thought for its recovery, and I think I'll go downstairs and kiss my DSS gauge boots in gratitude.

Yeah me too. I use those same boots for my compass and Vytec. I love 'em; my gauges aren't going anywhere, unless I slingshot them off the boat accidentally when taking them off. :)

We did two boat dives very near there this past weekend. That's still quite a lot of territory. When we go again, we'll keep an eye out for it.

Imagine the deco time required to bring that thing back to the surface after a few weeks on the bottom. I wonder if it just gives up after a while.

I'm considering a D9 purchase, so may I ask as to how it was lost?

As I understand the story he was pulling up the anchor when the line caught the computer just right. The strap seperated from the computer and into the water it went.

Back
Top Bottom