Lost Dive Computer Bull Point/Ft Wetherill (5-12-07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I loaned my dive computer to a desperate dive buddy Saturday. I will leave the buddy safely anonymous so he doesn't have to feel any more embarrassed than he probably does already. :D

Unfortunately he managed to lose it somewhere near the cobblestone beach at the Bull Point parking lot at Fort Wetherill. The computer is a black suunto mosquito. I realize it is a long shot, but if anyone finds it please let me know. Thanks.

I will be there hopefully this weekend to assist with a class. Mybe I can convince some one to do a gear dive with me at the end of the day.

Hope you get it back Chris. Those are nice computers and nothing to just shake off and forget about.

Yeah, but sadly that site is so busy I'd be surprised if someone else hasn't already had one really lucky day and gotten themselves a new dive computer from the great Ft Wetherill gear grab bag.

This topic is hitting home as I was diving under the Sakonett Bridge in Tiverton on Sunday (13 May 2007) and had just started to move further out where upon I looked at my wrist and noted that my Suunto D9 was gone! I still had 2000 psi (I also wear a SPG in addition to the D9 hoseless) so I retraced my path in hopes of finding it. The viz was on the order of 3' with the bottom mainly silt so I had little hope. About 20 minutes into searching, I found it! The buckle on the strap had broken off. I couldn't believe that I found it so stranger things have happened. I wish you well with your search.

GypsyDoc:
I couldn't believe that I found it so stranger things have happened. I wish you well with your search.
Once at Lane’s Cove I found a slate with a compass – yes, an integrated unit, never seen anything like that before or after. For reasons I no longer remember, instead of putting it into catch bag, I hung it on the clip of my light (the one I normally use to clip the light to a D-ring), and strapped the light onto my wrist. At some point during swim back I look down at the light – and the slate is gone, along with the sliding clip! The zip tie which held the clip to the light had parted. Had my light been on a D-ring as usual, I’d have lost it. Yes, strange things happen.

shooting board?

RIOceanographer:
I loaned my dive computer to a desperate dive buddy Saturday. I will leave the buddy safely anonymous so he doesn't have to feel any more embarrassed than he probably does already. :D

Unfortunately he managed to lose it somewhere near the cobblestone beach at the Bull Point parking lot at Fort Wetherill. The computer is a black suunto mosquito. I realize it is a long shot, but if anyone finds it please let me know. Thanks.

I know how you feal I lost a wreck reel two weeks ago.

Hey, I was diving at Bull Point today, and found this sweet Skeeter comp! I dint really have any use for it, and have no idea where it came forom, so I traded it at the local bar for 2! Coors lights,, and a bag of doritos! Can you believe it??? I just fell right into that deal!! I may be the luckiest guy on earth!

Rio, long shot, but did you check Craigs list? I found a woman's purse last week. Included in it were blank checks, every department store credit card imaginable, visa, mc, $200 in cash, and the list goes on. I returned it :D I played hell getting a hold of her as her phone number was unlisted and she had not one iota of contact info but...

Chris,,I bet your skeeto is with my SP frameless right now, havin beers and a fiew laughs, never to be seen again. That's a TOUGH loss dude.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom