Lost Gear-Poll :11:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Less than a month ago I was doing an AOW beach night dive at Redondo when I lost a TUSA Imprex fin during the exit. I couldn't re-enter the water as I was low on air, but others in the class who still had plenty of air went back in but weren't able to find it :-( Fortunately it was my last dive of the evening.

I really liked those fins too, better than the Mares Plana Avanti's that I bought to replace them. BTW if any of the SoCal Kelp Divers happens to locate my lost fin (blue with a black center portion) off Veteran's Park please let me know and I'll even give you a reasonable finder's fee (negotiable).

lost the following

2 gloves
1 knife
1 hood

found the following

4pcs lead weights on different occassions
1 mask and snorkel
1 snorkel
2 fins straps on different occasions
1 huge kite still in perfect shape underwater
2 slates
1 pencil

guess I have been lucky so far only lost snorkel .
found
weight , weight belt . two masks , a compass , and OMS bottom timer
best item found so far, no name on it.
placed a add at dive sight no-one claim so I use it as backup.

I lost a weight pouch in rescue class, zero vis. my compass off the consul at Troy springs, zero vis there, and on the Speigal Grove in currant lost my New Camera, that hurt.

Lost a snorkel once on a drift dive ... haven't worn one since, although I've found three more.

Lost the clip off my goodie bag just the other day. I decided to try putting it on my butt-ring, and couldn't manage to unclip it while simultaneously holding onto a pair of crabs. My buddy unclipped it for me, but by the time we got the confusion sorted out, the clip was long gone.

I've found far more than I've lost though ... lights, masks, snorkels, dive watches/computers.

Found someone's 5-lb soft weight (Sea Pearls) just last night. Fortunately, I know who lost it and will be reuniting it with its rightful owner this evening.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I lost a safety sausage once, most likely due the the crappy plastic clip. Also, I had some old soft weights rain lead during a dive once. No chance for a safety stop at that point!

I find gear not lose it; snorkels are the main find 4-5 over the years, then masks 2 or 3 and last month I found a new computer. Never lost anything.

Lost a snorkel on a shore dive with very mild current, only for it to be found by a friend on a second round of the 'wreck'. He motioned that he found a snorkel, looked excited for his prize, I recognized it(didn't realize until then that I had lost it), nabbed it back and attached it back to my mask.

Ended up losing the damned thing again later on another beach dive at some jeddies with some hefty current. Stupid snorkel keeper clips...

Found a crappier snorkel on a wreck, several pounds of hard/soft weight, and a few nice anchors :)

I know I would have lost my mask many times over if I did not have a floaty strap on it. I have a couple of them, and have dropped them all in the water several times, and had to jump in after them.
Fins, too. My fullfoot fins float, and I have recovered them on more than one occasion. I have no idea why I have not lost my open back fins yet. It's only a matter of time, since they are negatively buoyant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom