Lost Gopro Thursday April 28th On Palancar Caverns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John B MN

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i know this is a long shot, but my GoPro came unclipped from my BCD near then end of our dive Thursday April 28th on Palancar Caverns. Might have been on the safety stop of getting into the boat, It was on a retractable clip and had the short 6 inch blue and black handle to hold it. It is my brothers that we borrowed for the trip and might have his name and number inside it on a sticker (PJ Brady). I am bummed to be out the camera but more bummed since this was my sons first dive trip to Cozumel for a father son trip and had caught some great footage of him behind a turtle that went right between us. I would really like to get those memories back and would gladly give a finders fee. We have are fingers crossed. If you found it or heard someone who may have found it please contact me. Other than the GoPro , it was a great trip and Jeremy with Living Underwater and his whole team were great. My son can't wait to go back to Cozumel next winter.

Thanks,
John B MN

and ANOTHER GoPro is set free!
I wonder if they're spawning locally...??

A couple of years ago, on an lob trip (not Cozumel ), one of my friends lost her gopro. I returned a month later for another trip on the same boat and one of the younger dive guides had a new (to him) gopro. It was probably wrong of me to think what I thought.

A couple of years ago, on an lob trip (not Cozumel ), one of my friends lost her gopro. I returned a month later for another trip on the same boat and one of the younger dive guides had a new (to him) gopro. It was probably wrong of me to think what I thought.

I was on a dive where a guy mentioned that he lost a t-shirt a day or two before. Maybe it blew off the boat.

On the dive after I heard about that I saw some trash on some coral so I picked it up and stowed it in my BC.

It ended up being that guy's t-shirt.

But now it's your shirt or were you able to return it?

But now it's your shirt or were you able to return it?

I am sorry. I did not complete the story in my initial post.

Once we got on the boat after the dive I pulled the t-shirt out and asked the guy if it was his. It was his!

I am holding out a little hope, looks like someone was reunited with their GoPro from a few days earlier in the week. Otherwise my brother gets a newer model. Luckily the prices have come down from when he bought his. That is crazy finding someone's shirt the same week.

Lost Go Pros are common. Do whatever is needed to safeguard them and have some what to contact you.

I would get it back to the owner if I could find them.

Otherwise my brother gets a newer model.
Ask your homeowners if the loss is covered. I think it would be liability coverage and pay even better than if it was your camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom