Lost LED light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sometimes I am an idiot.

Certified for Nitrox and drysuit this AM at Pourteau Cove. First cold water dive in more than 20 years:D

Anyway, was poking around one of the shallow wrecks and had my light out. Wrapped it around my wrist, turned it off and forgot about it. Working on boyancy and just not paying attention. Got back to shore - not on my wrist anymore. (on a bare wrist would feel it go with the drysuit not a chance - and that's where I am an idiot - I should know better.)

6" long orange LED, if someone happens to pick it up could you PM me. Would be glad to not have to buy another light.

I will be at porteau tomorrow and will keep my eyes out for it. No guarantees that I'll find it though. :)

what ship were you diving around?

COW are you diving with ryan macneil tomorrow? he says he will be there also. I am diving whytecliff tomorrow I think. depends on buddy.
good luck in finding light

yea i am diving with him. :)

Totally off topic but...god i love the shortened form of my screenname...every time i see it written as COW I get a cheesy grin on my face. :D <--- like that!

Sorry I didn't get back to you all last night, but us old folks got to sleep.:wink: Long swim out and back to do twice in one day in unfamiliar gear.

Lost somewhere between the bow of the Granthall, the jungle gym or on the swim back. Not worth spending a lot of time looking, but thanks in advance.

Took me about five minutes to figure out what c.o.w meant the first time I saw it. Got same grin:D

Diving in snow, can't say I have done that, yesterday was excellent with the sun out - a bit chilly but great vis and only a light chop.

For those of you not from Vancouver, it is snowing out as I write this. A bit early for snow as we really only get snow for a week or two each year and usually somewhere between end of December to middle of Feb.

We do get snow in the mountians pretty much all winter - all good for the 2010 winter Olympics in Whistler/Vancouver (shameless plug)

We dove around the Granthall, but I didn't see any light. I am sorry! I did keep my eyes open for it though.

Hehe, yes, diving in snow is quite fun...we had some tourists take pictures of us while we were swimming back in...it amused me. They must have thought we were nuts.

Thanks for looking. We are. (nuts that is)

Les:
COW are you diving with ryan macneil tomorrow? he says he will be there also. I am diving whytecliff tomorrow I think. depends on buddy.
good luck in finding light

what can i say im a pretty popular guy :D
when are we goin out next?

ryanmacneil8448:
what can i say im a pretty popular guy :D
when are we goin out next?

You're too popular to stick around on Vancouver Island for an entire weekend. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom