Lost log book......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danemeyer20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am somewhere around 40 dives but lost my log book around 26. Does it really matter and if it does what should i do?

Does it matter,no not realy,you just lost a lot of info on your dives.
Just start over,beginning at # 40.If someone askes just tell'm you started vol.2.:D

It would only matter if you want to go for a professional rating at some point. Other than that some operators want to check your logs for current experience so if you back fill the new log a bit that would likely be covered.

Unfortunately I have been using my computer as my log. I am going to Egypt in late October and diving the Red Sea and just found out from Emporer divers that they want 50 logged dives signed by the buddy.

So now I get to jump through some big hoops. I do know who I buddied with for 50 dives, now to find them.

When you transfered them to you PC,you can just print a list.
Never had any problems with dives not signed by buddy's.
And Emperor does ask for the log at some but not all boats.
They always ask for C-card and mostly ask you to tell about your dive history.

Have a nice trip.

Unfortunately I have been using my computer as my log. I am going to Egypt in late October and diving the Red Sea and just found out from Emporer divers that they want 50 logged dives signed by the buddy.

So now I get to jump through some big hoops. I do know who I buddied with for 50 dives, now to find them.

I think you need to do 10 laps in the pool!

Seriously most places don't even want to see your logbook. Still better safe than sorry; check in advance with the dive operator of your choice. Of the shops that I have worked at tat checked books we really only cared WHEN you were last diving, not how many in total.

im guessing i should start over just to be safe and in case i hit the lotto and take it up diving professionally to pass the time away between driving my bentley and having sex with a plethora of eastern european super models. :postpimp:

on a serious note though, what do you guys do for a log book. I dont want to buy something i have to keep purchasing inserts for. thanks

I think you need to do 10 laps in the pool!

Seriously most places don't even want to see your logbook. Still better safe than sorry; check in advance with the dive operator of your choice. Of the shops that I have worked at tat checked books we really only cared WHEN you were last diving, not how many in total.

Same here...the last few places have only asked when the last time i dove was as well as show them the c-card..

Back
Top Bottom