Problems with LDS sod can’t 2 pool/check out dives but got Padi cert from them: will not having those 4 dives logged ever be problem in the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Don’t want to get into it but let’s just say if I asked my LDS to sign off on my check out dives and pool dives they just won’t do it. I can’t go back there from some anti semitic reasons they raised with me. Anyways they won’t acknowledge my logged dives hence I can’t really log them. Will this ever prevent me from gaining a AOW elsewhere or going on charters/dives anywhere?

I don’t understand, were you taking Open Water class from them, and they did not issued you your certification? Or were you taking Open Water, did not finish and they won’t issue you a referral?
I don’t understand non class logged dives as a requirement for anything anyway, it’s purely personal in my eyes, anyone can fabricate any log they want, how is anyone to tell the veracity of any signature, stamp, log, etc…?

I'm confused. Did you do the checkout dives? Did they certify you? If you have the C card I would doubt anything in (or not in) your log book would affect you signing up for AOW. Sounds like you have a legal matter here to sort out (with the Agency/LDS or a lawyer?).

Did you obtain your basic open water certification and receive a c-card? If so, then you’ll be able to take an advanced open water course with another dive operation / instructor.

If you got your cert card, I wouldn't worry about whether they signed your log or not. Plenty of divers don't log dives, even if agencies insist on it. Having dives signed off, isn't really anything people care about unless it's part of the process of completing a class or certification.

If you didn't get the cert, you might want to contact your bank and try to do a charge-back.

Logging dives is over-rated. I carefully logged all my dives at the beginning of my career.
But when, after 10 years, I switched to "pro" level, working in holidays resorts as DM and instructor, I gave up.
Doing 2÷3 dives per day was requiring too much time for keeping the logbook updated.
I never started again to log my dives.
And no diving center or boat operator asked me for a logbook...
In any case, it was just me writing notes. I never asked to anyone to sign or stamp my logbook.
And you can see it here:
So, if you are one of those guys who likes to keep a written logbook, just compile the entries for your dives yourself. It has exactly the same value with or without the signature/stamp of the diving center/instructor.

For clarification. I received my PADI E Card for certification. I completed all the 4 dives. 2 pool session and 2 check out. But I haven’t logged them or gotten them signed yet. I’m wondering if this will affect me as the problems I have with the shop won’t sign off on those dives if and when I log them in my book or on the Padi app.

So, you have the scuba-certification card. Why do you need or want the shop to sign off on any dives in your log book? Is that required for something?

If you have the card, you should be good to go. I thought there were 4 open water dives, though? Pretty much nobody cares about logged dives, unless perhaps requiring a certain number for DM training or some such. You don't say which agency is involved here, but you might want to contact them to discuss your issues.

Don’t want to get into it but let’s just say if I asked my LDS to sign off on my check out dives and pool dives they just won’t do it. I can’t go back there from some anti semitic reasons they raised with me. Anyways they won’t acknowledge my logged dives hence I can’t really log them. Will this ever prevent me from gaining a AOW elsewhere or going on charters/dives anywhere?
What were the reasons?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom