Lost Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueMoon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Help.
Anyone find a mask,
My wife lost one on Planancar Gardens
Reward is offered.
Pink with perscription lens.

Funny story to go with that: We were there in June and diving the C53. The wife is sitting on the back when she drops her prescription mask. Needless to say we only had one and she is a bit blind as a bat without it. Alison dives in. Like half an hour later she comes up with the mask, changes her tank, comments on how strong the current is and takes us all down. On the way home she suggested it might be a good idea if we bought a spare. We agreed! Hers was black of course which I am sure didnt help. If no one finds it, I will look for you in December. :wink:

Do you know where at the gardens? beginning, middle, end, shallow, deep, or fell off boat leaving the area? I'll be there 11/7-15 and will look.

Funny story to go with that: We were there in June and diving the C53. The wife is sitting on the back when she drops her prescription mask. Needless to say we only had one and she is a bit blind as a bat without it. Alison dives in. Like half an hour later she comes up with the mask, changes her tank, comments on how strong the current is and takes us all down. On the way home she suggested it might be a good idea if we bought a spare. We agreed! Hers was black of course which I am sure didnt help. If no one finds it, I will look for you in December. :wink:
Isn't Alison the best!! Besides having a back-up, I actually purchased one of those Marsoops floating dive mask straps. Came in real handy in Coz diving a small 6-pack. We had a good-sized wave splash over the bow and the mask was washed overboard. Captain saw it go, circled back, and there it was - floating like a charm! Only thing I would change is that mine is purple. Thinking about it now, I would buy a yellow one, for the visability.

Hell, I'm surprised to be the only one who wears a flotation collar on boat rides.

Good luck on your mask. It's probly in the abyss by now, but worth a try to ask, and this is the best place. If you had trip insurance, that may help too.

Do you know where at the gardens? beginning, middle, end, shallow, deep, or fell off boat leaving the area? I'll be there 11/7-15 and will look.

It was at the north end, shallow ,at the end of the dive as she got on the boat.

Help.
Anyone find a mask,
Reward is offered.

My brother-in-law has a prescription mask and it cost him $400.00 dollars. Why dont you offer a reward for your mask. That is what I would suggest. Could be a lot cheaper than replacing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divermossi
Help.
Anyone find a mask,

Reward is offered.

My brother-in-law has a prescription mask and it cost him $400.00 dollars. Why dont you offer a reward for your mask. That is what I would suggest. Could be a lot cheaper than replacing it.

Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by divermossi
Help.
Anyone find a mask,

Reward is offered.

Duh

How Much?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom