Lost Shearwater(s) - Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTucson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
North Florida / Playa Del Carmen / Arizona
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is something of a long shot but why not.

Yesterday my amazing wife left her Shearwater Perdix AI and Peregrine on one of the tables near the Devils Eye area.

We were not able to recover them and have checked with Ginnie lost and found, Cave Country, and Extreme Exposure with no luck.

I know there are lots of Florida folk in here and we will offer a super cool reward if found/returned. Any suggestions on where else to look?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that :(. If "locals" grabbed it they are gone. Most cave divers will find its rightful owner. If you havent already, post this over on CDF too

I once left a drysuit on the fence, some drunk campers found it, kept it safe overnight, and turned it in to the office the next morning.

It's one of the reasons why I try to treat every office member, and every camper, with respect and kindness.

Hope you are as lucky as I am. If you don't already have it, a personal articles policy is cheap compared to the gear. I've been giving State Farm money for years now, never needed it yet, but I hope one day when I do lose something, that it is one of the things on the list I pay to be covered.

Bummer ... I was there all day yesterday but was at the pavillion by the bath house. I sure hope you get 'em back.

We have called around lost and found and the local shops. No luck yet...

What about checking FB Marketplace/Craigslist/ebay?

I'm sorry to hear this. I've forgotten some expensive things on occasion. I sure hope you get it back.

Damn man.... that sucks.

Do you have the SN's? I'm not sure if you can alert SW to what happened, do they have something like that setup? I honestly don't know... but I'm sure would help a lot of people sleep at night if they did. I mean, they have to go in for service at some point?

Do you have your info on the splash screen?

Fingers crossed you get them back.....

Damn man.... that sucks.

Do you have the SN's? I'm not sure if you can alert SW to what happened, do they have something like that setup? I honestly don't know... but I'm sure would help a lot of people sleep at night if they did. I mean, they have to go in for service at some point?

Do you have your info on the splash screen?

Fingers crossed you get them back.....
Might not need service for 10yrs

At that point it could have been sold twice or more. SW doesnt track who owns what S/N, not their job

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom