Lost: Thread by undiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redacted

It was here yesterday and has disappeared. I'm thinking undiver and dumpsterdiver may have linked up and gone solo diving together. Looking forward to their next report.

You go east, I'll go west, we will meet up some where north of here.

We have it stashed for the moment, as many of us can't figure out how it contributes positively to diving. If you have something (aside from amusement or the ability to feed a troll) please tell us what it is. There is a bit of a quandary as to what to do with it.

This is Doug, the guy who wrote the post that this new thread is about.

I just want to say thanks, I appreciate the constructive feedback I got from several members. It's too bad there were some who doubted that someone can be as dumb as I was and caused the post to be filed away where no one can benefit from it as an example of what not to do when it comes to SCUBA diving and how we can all make bad mistakes at one time or another but the important thing is to LEARN from them so they are not repeated.

It's ok by me if it's posted as a sticky or on the main forum in a way that no one can add to it if that's what the moderators want to do.

As for me I have calmed down quite a bit and I have not completely given up on the idea of learning to SCUBA dive the right way with people that don't get amusement at my expense and I hope to be a positive contributer to this forum and share my SCUBA adventures if and when they happen.

If anyone wants further clarification or wants to ask me questions or like one other member asked to join us on another trip or for whatever reasons you can message me. Also my ears are feeling better but my hearing is still muffled but I think better and I have an appointment this week I will share the results if anyone cares.

Thanks and happy diving to all.

- Doug

Well, I care and look forward to your posting about getting certified, and having a great summer of diving, so best of luck!

Was that the thread where someone went with a number of friends in an extremely dangerous situation?

Regardless, I hope for anyone who is medically fit to dive (I have a couple friends who just can't equalize sadly) is taught in a safe, fun environment where they come away with enthusiasm and a good foundation in diving skills.

I thought it was a good thread, a good read, and like others have said it demonstrates what not to do when deciding to take up or try diving so I see a benefit to the thread. Could Doug have embellished the story a bit? Maybe so, but I think he was a good sport to tell us about him trying to dive off the cuff probably knowing he would get a lot of grief from folks here on SB so I tip my hat to the guy.

I thought it was a good thread, a good read, and like others have said it demonstrates what not to do when deciding to take up or try diving so I see a benefit to the thread. Could Doug have embellished the story a bit? Maybe so, but I think he was a good sport to tell us about him trying to dive off the cuff probably knowing he would get a lot of grief from folks here on SB so I tip my hat to the guy.
I agree that it was a good "story". In the end, the thread did manage to highlight the need for/value of proper training for those that are interested in Scuba - just strapping on a tank and jumping in without sufficient training can (and likely will) eventually get you killed .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom