Lotta different booties out there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut

Reaction score
..which ones do you all enjoy and why? I'm a full foot fin user who is going to purchase some open heel fins. Walking over rocks with all that gear can be hell on the ol' dogs. :)

Don't worry, you'll find the right booty soon enough!

Deep See 6.5mm zips is what I have. They seem warm and they make a skooshing sound when you walk and their full of water.

Note: if ever caught gawking on the boat, just reply that you were looking at booties.

I wear Henderson Octo Boots and love 'em! I have had the same pair for 3 years now. The soles are nice and tough which is what I like. I also recommend the US Divers socks to wear under the boots. A little extra thermal proctection and they make putting the boots on and taking them off a lot easier.

Scott

I use Tilos 3 MM booties - not too pricey, nice thick soles - and oh so fashionable in black & grey. (Yes - they come with the built in splashy/squishy sound when full too).

Henderson Tropic Octo booties. The Tropics are the low cut 2mm tops. The regular Octo's are high top 5mm, I think. I really like the hard soles, more like tennis shoes, although they can be slick on wet concrete! If your fins have have a wide foot pocket, these booties will help eliminate the side to side wiggle.

Mine are over 4 years old. Not pretty anymore with the chlorine bleach marks but still doin the job.

Corsair (BJ Hudson) has said a lot of nice things about his Henderson Gold Core boots.

Remember on booties, the fit should be the same as your wetsuit: as tight as possible without being uncomfortable to prevent water transfer (and subsequent heat loss).

Booties tend to wear out on me about yearly(120-160 dives)Therefore I get the most comfortable I can find.So far Henderson Gold Core 7mm are the cats meow.Extremely soft and supple inside,never a blister even in 90 min 2kt current marathon dives.I buy disposable(relatively) stuff like this at Liesure Pro.

thick sole booties should do the trick. They will keep you warm and the thick sole will enable you to walk over rocks or other nasties, as you approach your dive.

They can be good enough even if you have to walk a little longer to get to the diving site.

It works best in places like the red sea, where walking barefoot can really be dangerous.

Ari

:)

LeisurePro has the Tusa Imprex-which my wife got and they are very nice-very thick, hard sole-great for walking over rocks. In Bonaire, after walking on jagged rocks to get to the dive site, my feet hurt in my boots and I asked my wife if her feet were hurting and she said "Hurting where?"....well, that answered my question.

They are inexpensive too-about $27.00

I've seen the thicker soled booties like the Tusa's in catalogs. I've wondered if that thick tennis shoe-like sole created any problems while wearing the fin. I guess if the foot pocket was big, the bootie's sole would help to fill the pocket. I wear a size 11 shoe. Are the foot pockets on the open heel fins pretty roomy? Are the thick sole booties generally an advantage or do they sometimes make it hard to fit your foot in the foot pocket of the fin or crowd your foot in the pocket?...I guess I really just need to get over to the LDS and try on booties and fins. Thanks again for all your input.

Back
Top Bottom