Lover's Pt. Scuba Restrictions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidbaraff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do you get in trouble at Lover's Pt. #3 if you're there past 11:00 AM on a weekend? And has anyone seen the traffic folks actually check that you haven't been there more than 2 hrs?

I dont think the mind at Lovers 3 and from what ive been told they dont care at Lovers 1 anymore either.

Personally I have parked on the street and in the lot on weekends and weekdays for more than 2 hours as well as my dive buddies and none of us have been cited.

I always watch my car but have yet to see a meter maid or chalk marks on my tires. I have seen free divers spear fishing at Lover's 3.

I've never had any trouble diving an entire day, but never say never... There's plenty of all day street parking around Lover's 1 if you don't mind the walk.

ditto on all of the above.

The rules on diving I recall only apply during summer months and only to lovers 1,2. Spearfishing is not allowed year round however from the point south towards cannery row. Lovers 3 and toward otter cove ok for spearfishing but is overfished in my opinion so pls be selective and limit your take there

Back
Top Bottom