Low Budget trip to Raja Ampat in February 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello again! In the meantime some stuff changed on my job, so now it looks like my trip will be moved forward to mid-to-end-of-January.
Everybody who would be interested in joining is still very welcome!
Thank you for all this info, I'm taking it all into account. While some people I know have been diving through a homestay, they are not very experienced & probably wouldn't even know if they were doing something dangerous (I know I did in the past). Other people have mentioned the safety aspect also, especially since I'm into photography.
I'm a Divemaster myself, but for sure not used to diving with downcurrents.

The reason I'm looking into the homestay option, apart from budget restrictions is also because I'm looking to meet some nice people to hang out with. I'm guessing that the pricey resorts are attracting a bit more of a fancy crowd. Next to that I don't feel well with local people pampering me like I'm a moviestar, it's just not what I'm looking for in traveling. So, is there any option in between that & roughing it at a homestay? Andreni, I looked into Biodiversity & it seems very cool, I'll definitly check it out!

More info, tips, reviews or experiences are most welcome!

Hi BD

Recently I found out that RADL have standard room package which costs about $1483 full board with 12 dives. (deluxe package is $2025 max. 4 dives per day).

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I'm planning to visit R4. Prefer to be on a land option, but concerned that i will miss the best spots since the south is too far. What should I expect in the north vs south?

On the other hand, any resort that also has a nice beach to spend some time swimming and relaxing?

Thanks

Hello, im planning my trip to Indonesia next July-August.. im not sure if is a good idea to visit Raja Ampat in that season? anyway im trying to find a budget option to dive there. Did you go? how was it? did you manage it without the expensive resorts? any advice will be great.
Greetings from Netherlands

It was through some research, the season to dive R4 is best November to March. Hope those who have been could enlighten us.

I am planning to go this November and stay with RADL on standard package.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Andreni,
from Kri resort you do the same dive sites as from Biodiversity (and vice-versa)? Which one whould you recomend?
Thanks
Paolo

Back
Top Bottom