Low pressure hose for Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sorry for the second newb Drysuit question of the day.

For those of you who dive both dry and wet, do you have two sets of regulators; One for diving dry, and one for wet? The other options I can think of is installing and removing the extra LP hose as needed, or just always keeping the LP hose on, and putting it on a clip off the BCD when its not needed.

It's way less trouble to unscrew a hose and put in a plug than own (and maintain) 2 regs, unless you are into collecting regs.
Takes about 5 minutes most of that finding the tools and plug.

Gotcha. Just wasnt sure if it was a bad idea to repeatedly install and uninstall hoses.

Not a problem. It's just removing and inserting a 'bolt'. Make sure to have some appropriate O-rings as they can get squashed/mangled. Look them over before insertion.
You only have to make them well snugged, not crank them down. You don't want them to back off spontaneously is all. The seal is from the O-ring, not how tight you make them . The underlying material in most regs is brass which could strip if you put some excessive force into it.

I leave my drysuit hose on the reg.Use a piece of inner tube or bungee to keep it tight against the HP hose when diving wet. It can then also be used to inflate a lift bag or SMB. Absolutely no sense in removing the hose or the plug when switching from wet to dry. Good way to lose either one.

I've seen it done a number of ways.
Remove and install port plug
Tied around cylinder neck.
Ran under shoulder strap or secured to BC inflator hose. My choice unless traveling then I plug the port.
Ran down length of cylinder and secured with (annoying) tank banger bungee
Ran between down length of cylinder in the small gap between BC backpack, camband and cylinder

I am with jim on that one. I use my LP line for SMB inflation :)

I like Jim's idea. Mine generally has been routed down the tank and secured by the tank strap velcro.

This is great info everyone, Thank you.

I don't dive wet, but I have a small argon bottle, and I keep the backgas drysuit hose always on as a backup. I have it routed next to corrugated hose and kept snug with one of the bungees that hold my left backup on the harness. It must be pretty noncontroversial, since I've had it this way during my Fundies and none of the 3 instructors complained. I get to test the hose when I clean my stuff after each dive, as I use it to inflate the wing for rinsing. I haven't had any problem in 100+ dives with this configuration so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom