Lowest SAC possible ? (without being dead)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
It's great preparation for standing on the table and screaming, huh, Rob?

LOL. Yeah. In fact, I was trying to be funny when i wrote that. I generally come across so calm and deliberate at my work that colleagues tease me by making OOOHHHMMMM sounds when the see me at my desk concentrating.... LOL

I just got finished with an hour on the cross trainer. In terms of activity it's harder than cycling but easier than running for the same speed. I did a sustained rate of 15km/h (fairly slow) with a tension rate on the high end of easy and tried to apply the mediation and relaxation techniques to my breathing. At the end of the hour I increased the tempo to 17.5km/h and could sustain breathing at 12 full breaths per min for 5 min, which is about the same rate I have when I'm not working out at all.....

Frankly I'm astounded. At the end of the hour I don't feel like I had a workout at all....

So this works and it can be applied excercising. Next step is to try this while diving without freaking my buddies out.

This might be just I what I was looking for. I've been feeling like I'm living with my head in a hurricane for the last few months and maybe I need to try integrating some of this stuff into my every day life....

R..

Back
Top Bottom