lube for 5mm wetsuit gloves with a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chironomidkraut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i have a new bare trilam tech dry drysuit with neoprene wrist seals and when i am all suited up and the last thing to go on is my gloves , and by that time they are hard to put on because my hands are all sweaty i used to put some 50/50 mix of conditioner and water on my legs when diving in a wetsuit to help slide in it, my question is, if i do that with my 5mm bare gloves and some conditioner gets on my drysuit wrist seals, will that damage them in any way??:D

I tried that and my latex seals did not suffer. The hair conditioner should be oil free.
However, when I used that lubricant to help don my gloves they felt slippery on my
hands and they moved when I handled my equipment, not a pleasant experience.

We use hand soap on the gloves. A little drop about an inch into the wrist seal, rub wrist seal togather to disperse soap around glove neck and they slip right in.

Use plastic "lunch lady gloves" under the wet gloves.

Yeah, go to the nearest fuel station that has those plastic gloves you can wear and stick a bunch of them in your car.
Polyhtene.jpg

They make gloves slide on great and also provide extra warmth too!

...also helps promote safe diving...;-). A tiny bit of conditioner might help...too much and it will feel squishee (squishy, squeeshee, whatever)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom