Lunitidal Interval values???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahgrant

New
Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a Casio Sea Pathfinder and was wondering how to get the lunitidal interval for San Francisco, CA (-8GMT, 37 deg N, 122 deg W). I seem to be having a tough time getting this value to input into the watch so that the tidal prediction is correct. Could anyone offer this value or suggest the best way to get it? Thanks very much in advance.
Cheers!

Lunitidal interval is just the delay time between moon's transit and the next high tide.

If that is all that your watch is asking for, then it probably just does a simple diurnal (2 equal height high tides per day) tide prediction --- generally pretty good for the east coast of US, but will be quite a bit off with the mixed tides of San Francisco.

You can just plug in 10 hours and see what happens, though. (High tide 3/6 is 10:51A, moon transit is 12:45AM).

Thanks for the information, I never realized that the tides for this area would be quite as consistent as they are for the east coast. Kind of a bummer since the watch will not perform quite like I would like! I plugged in the 10 hour value, and it seems to be keeping up with the current tide, but I am not confident that it will stay consistent.

Cheers again!

Charlie99:
Lunitidal interval is just the delay time between moon's transit and the next high tide.

If that is all that your watch is asking for, then it probably just does a simple diurnal (2 equal height high tides per day) tide prediction --- generally pretty good for the east coast of US, but will be quite a bit off with the mixed tides of San Francisco.

You can just plug in 10 hours and see what happens, though. (High tide 3/6 is 10:51A, moon transit is 12:45AM).

Back
Top Bottom