Lynx Feature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poisons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
has the Lynx an "emergency" feature?
I mean, one diver has a problem, activate the emergency function, on all the Lynx connected and on the boat too appears who calls the emergency and activate the radar to find him.

Thanks

Hi all,
has the Lynx an "emergency" feature?
I mean, one diver has a problem, activate the emergency function, on all the Lynx connected and on the boat too appears who calls the emergency and activate the radar to find him.

Thanks

To perform this you need a separate product called the Emergency Transmitter which we will be releasing at the same time as the Location transmitter in August. The emergency transmitter has a button on the bottom which you push to signal an emergency. It sends out a distress call to other Lynx users and to the boat.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Is there a reason that functionality can't be programmed into the basic system (other than that it would cannibalize a profit center for you guys)? My understanding was that a given Lynx could home in on another Lynx user just based on the basic system of computer/tank transmitter, and obviously the basic system allows for remote tank pressure reading, so an SOS signal shouldn't be an issue.

Is there a reason that functionality can't be programmed into the basic system (other than that it would cannibalize a profit center for you guys)? My understanding was that a given Lynx could home in on another Lynx user just based on the basic system of computer/tank transmitter, and obviously the basic system allows for remote tank pressure reading, so an SOS signal shouldn't be an issue.

The Lynx tank transmitter has no buttons or I/O method. It wakes up when it detects pressure on the tank pressure sensor and transmits the pressure via ultrasound. Now, if you suddenly want to send an SOS, you could tap the wrist unit, but the wrist unit is only a receiver so it cannot send the SOS, and the wrist unit has no way to inform the transmitter to send an SOS, since the transmitter only transmits and the wrist unit only receives. The wrist unit cannot send a message to the transmitter, it doesn't work that way.

The location and emergency transmitters have one button in the bottom of the unit. In the location transmitter, this button turns the device on (keeps transmitting locator signal), or turns it off. In the emergency transmitter, this button is pushed to send the SOS. Again, if there were an easy way to combine them we would.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Gotcha: so transmitter A emits a signal on which wrist unit B can home in, but there's no way for wrist unit A to modulate what signal transmitter A emits. I would say just build the additional functionality into the transmitter units, but the things are already like an antler on the first stage so I can see why that might be less than desirable.

And, Eric,
will it be Wearable? E.g. to the bc strap or belt strap...
The sos signal will appear on all connected lynx with the radar function enabled?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom