M/V Black Manta, any opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emorrow, thanks for the report, I've been anxiously awaiting it. Too bad no whale sharks made an appearance. I guess it is all about right place at the right time. I'm currently gearing up for the trip. I can't wait. Trip of a lifetime for my brother and myself. I'm also very glad to hear that that Black Manta continues to live up to it's earned reputation.

Glad you and your family had a good trip!!!!

drew

Just got back to the states yesterday from our trip. We had a great trip!! Black Manta experience was great. Crew and Dive Guides were great. Did not get to see any Whale Sharks, but did get to see a Manta off of Koh Bon. Food was awesome and all divers seemed to have a good time. No issues to speak of, except that they really should get a bigger ice maker (ran out of ice too often). If anyone is thinking about doing a live aboard in the Similans than Black Manta is the way to go. Special thanks to Jamie at Sunrise Divers. We did all of our booking through him. Open to questions, and quick to respond back to any inquiries, and most importantly he made the booking process easy and hassle free. Trip of a lifetime!!!

Just got off the Black Manta yesterday after six days in the Similans and my wife and I had a wonderful time. The boat is large and very stable in the water. There is plenty of room to get away by yourself even with 20 divers on board. The crew and dive guides are first rate all the way. Our first day out we were treated to two Giant Mantas at a cleaning station who put on a show for about 20 minutes. They would just keep coming back up within a few feet of us and hovering and then circle back around for another cleaning. It was quite spectacular and glad we caught it all on video. When they finally decided to leave they were followed out to sea by a large devil ray. It kind of set the tone for the rest of a wonderful week of diving.
I also booked everything through Jamie at Sunrise-Divers and the service was second to none. They took care of everything down to the last detail.
You won't go wrong booking a trip on the Black Manta or using Sunrise-Divers.

Sounds really nice. I just booked a stay at the Black Manta from March 24-28 using Sunrise Divers and so far I'm very pleased with the service we've received. What was the average age on board? We're hoping there will be some people around the same age as us but I guess this varies from trip to trip...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom