M1 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a 4 year old M1 computer, I've never had a problem with it until recently. Every so often, it just quits...usually in the middle of a dive. No blinking or low battery...just a blank screen. This has happened 4 times now...but curiously, it will work perfectly the next dive. Is there some service that can be performed on it, or should I just scrap it and move on??

First thing to do would be simple checks: Batteries & clean contacts. We can also test it at our service center if you want.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
First thing to do would be simple checks: Batteries & clean contacts. We can also test it at our service center if you want.

Phil

They were new batteries the last time this happened...as far as the contacts go, I'm pretty sure they are clean

Is it possible to get an address to send it too?

If you can go through a local dealer please do so, if not please call our customer service center at 203 855 8666

Phil

I suspect that what you're seeing is a drop in the battery voltage as the water cools them. Replace the batteries with fresh batteries of the right type that you first check with a VOM (I’d be interested in knowing the voltages of the batteries that are in it now). Turn in on and put it in a pot with a little rock salt and ice. If it continues to work after a half hour or so then I think that you’ve found the problem … low batteries (or the wrong type of battery).

Back
Top Bottom