Made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine has a small US flag on one shoulder flap. I wonder if the Chinese made Scouts have a Chinese flag. If not they should. More accurate and honest.

Not sure what accuracy or honesty has to do with it. A flag doesn't mean it's made there unless it says it's made there. An American company can choose to put an American flag (or any other flag for that matter) on it's products regardless of where it's made, it's their product, they can do what they want.

My Scout has a Canadian flag on it, perhaps that is why it is made in China?

My Stiletto has "Made in USA" on the label on the back pad and it has a Canadian flag too. The flag says nothing about where it's made, just about the distributor that ordered it from the factory. According to something I saw on the Zeagle facebook page, I think Canada and Japan are the only markets that have their own flag on the shoulder strap, everybody else gets stars and stripes.

Where do you see that? This is referring to the Wicked Lite that is suggested on the Scout page as an alternative:

View attachment 123813

I stand corrected. I scanned the page too quickly. That is about the Wicked.
I still think the Scout is made in the USA given the tag and the info on the "About" page.

Ha ha ha- nice one. How's this one? It's well known corporate profits are directly filtered down from the top earners to the factory workers. Bazinga!

Seriously, I can show you the bar that eventually gets all of our money.
I live in the next county over from Zeagle.

The majority of Scout BCs are made in China...every now and then we make some here, but very rarely.

The Stiletto, Ranger, and Zena BCs are made in both places - about 60% China and 40% USA.

The Ranger LTD, Stiletto LTD, Wicked, Wicked Lite, Tech 10, 911, SAR, etc. are 100% made here in Florida...but at some point that may change, too.

Regardless of where they are made, they are still covered under our warranty. :)

Thanks,

Scott

I'm disappointed to hear that.
So Scott, why does my Scout have a made in the USA tag when it was made in China?

Um....if it has a Made in USA tag, it was NOT made in China.

That's illegal.

Scott
Well, Ive seen plenty of Chinese "brand merchendaise" that wasnt exactly manufactured where and by whom it states :p

That being said, its sold on sites like ebay by chinese sellers and not by serious companies.

Buy Halcyon, DUI, and Neosport. USA all the way!

Dave from Scubadelphia

Are you really that nieve?
Do you really believe they are over there whittling out all those parts?

p.s. You sure do have a lot of foreign made gear in your shop.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom