Made in USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'MADE' in the USA or 'ASSEMBLED' in the USA ???!!!......Manufactures have a habit of redefining words....Many products are ASSEMBLED here from parts made all over the world...It's the 'Global' economy.......

'MADE' in the USA or 'ASSEMBLED' in the USA ???!!!......Manufactures have a habit of redefining words....Many products are ASSEMBLED here from parts made all over the world...It's the 'Global' economy.......

The ones that say Made in the USA are actually cut, sewn and assembled right here in our factory.

The ones that say "Made in China" are not.

We aren't trying to trick anyone....it is what it is.

:)

The ones that say Made in the USA are actually cut, sewn and assembled right here in our factory.

The ones that say "Made in China" are not.

We aren't trying to trick anyone....it is what it is.

:)
Where's the material, the thread, the grommets, the buckles, even the machines that cut and sew made ????....I'm sincerely be curious where that comes from ??.....

Where's the material, the thread, the grommets, the buckles, even the machines that cut and sew made ????....I'm sincerely be curious where that comes from ??.....

Are you also curious if the people who operate those machines, cut, sew, inspect, etc were born in the USA? Seriously, though, if you expect something labeled as "made in USA" to be made from only "made in usa" materials, then nothing should really ever be labelled as being made anywhere.

Please give me a full inventory of your house...including the origin of every product, appliance, and piece of furniture in it.

Once you are done, post it here and I will begin to work on your question.

Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it!!??

:shakehead:

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 08:59 AM ----------

Are you also curious if the people who operate those machines, cut, sew, inspect, etc were born in the USA? Seriously, though, if you expect something labeled as "made in USA" to be made from only "made in usa" materials, then nothing should really ever be labelled as being made anywhere.

True.

Even "Berry amendment" goods (which we make for the military) can't be made from 100% USA produced parts...and the Government realizes this. Some things simply are not made here anymore. Luckily, things like material, thread, etc. can still be found (although at a MUCH higher price) so we are able to produce those Berry Amendment products and still meet their requirements.

Do a google search on Berry Amendment if you want more info on that....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom