Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Britt,

More info (although not entirely accurate...I'll let Britt clarify) can be found at the link below:

Madison Quary to reopen in August

Regards,
Ltstanfo

The quarry will be open to everyone including students, not just students. The quarry will be open until the end of October, not throughout the rest of the year.

Thanks for your work on this Britt. Would be interested to know how the dive shops are going to sell the tickets, and what kinda convenience fee will be involved. 20 bucks is a fair price for a day of play. It's hard to beat the diver friendly topography of the quarry.

The news papers suggest it will not be able to be up for lease next year, what's your plans for then?

Kenny

Thanks for your work on this Britt. Would be interested to know how the dive shops are going to sell the tickets, and what kinda convenience fee will be involved. 20 bucks is a fair price for a day of play. It's hard to beat the diver friendly topography of the quarry.

The news papers suggest it will not be able to be up for lease next year, what's your plans for then?

Kenny

I talked to a few of the shops and for convenience, they will be selling tickets. The price at the shops will be the same. They pick them up from me and I collect them at the gate. :)

As for next year, the WB has some plans for the quarry, but I think if everything goes good this year, they will probably be more inclined to work with us next year as long as diving doesnt interfere with thier operations.

Britt...

if I can suggest putting your paperwork/documents on your website when you get time. that way folks can download/print your liability waiver and have it filled out when they get there...

reduces the "line" at the quarry that day and wait cause you know everyone will be just itching to get in the water as soon as they can. :)

they just hand over signed liablity form and
images
and away we go!.

Looking forward to getting back in the water there!

I am going to sign the lease today, we will be getting our staff together for Sat & Sun for a repair and clean up party.

I am working on the info website for the quarry next week, Madison Quarry and the site will be updated with hours of operation, contact info scheduling, pricing, waivers to download and fill out before arrival, and info for dive shops and instructors (It will change from a flash site to a normal website next week).

Dive Stores & Instructors, please add the City of Madison, Madison Water & Wastewater Board and Better Diver to your additional insured and email verification to us or bring it with you when you come. The Water Board requires us to verify that it has been added before admission. If you have questions, call me at 256-326-9053.

I hope to have it open for the public on the 1st and the first full day will be the 2nd of August.

Britt,
Thanks for the long road you been plowing for months (shall I say years?). I don't know the limits of your agreement, but I'd be willing to volunteer some sweat equity (non-recipocal), to help get things up and running.
Howard

Even if we can only dive it this summer, is better than none at all. There is not a more diver friendly place to dive than Madison. Oh I miss the days of not killing myself with pre-dive trots to the waters edge carrying stage bottles, deco bottles, scooters etc.

Britt, you're our new hero!

Kenny

You're all welcome, Im just glad that it all worked out. Having a local dive site makes all the difference in the world and even for those that come from outside of Madison County, its still a great place to relax, dive and train.

The water levels are a lot better than I expected. It actually looks like its back to the original level of just a foot or so from the top of the east wall (see the picture of the grill that is on the east bank and the water level below it for the best reference). I posted the pictures I took this afternoon on the new website for everyone to see before I put up the official website next week.

Better Diver Madison Quarry

Looks like its going to be some great diving. The water is as blue as I have seen it in years, the fish are not as playful, but that will change and I will have an update on how it looks underwater after we finish cleaning and repairing everything this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom