Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday and Sunday both were busy. We had a great weekend, and I want to thank Pete from Dive Rite for bringing everything out for people to try. I seen experienced divers trying out rebreathers and sidemount with the same look that a new diver gets when they try it for the first time they breath off a regulator underwater.

I want to thank all the divers for coming out and thanks to all my staff for making it a smooth weekend.

This weekend will be the last open weekend of the year. If anyone plans to dive the quarry you might want to plan to do it this weekend.

Dive Sports is having their night dive on Thursday so get with them and make arrangements for the last night dive of the season.

We will be open Friday, at 11 AM, Saturday and Sunday at 9 AM, and 11 AM on Monday. The Water Board will be doing some work at the quarry starting Monday afternoon, but we will still have access to the water.

Britt,

My thanks to you and your team for another great diving season! I really enjoyed diving on Sunday and wish the season didn't have to end so soon. I'll be waiting at the gate next year just as soon as you announce the opening day. :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Yes. Thanks Britt for having the quarry opening. I hope to see it open next year.

good diving with you yesterday Lee. :thumb:

In other news.... looks like the "pump test" is not that far away. Pump they are working on installing. Too bad that they won't let Britt keep it open through the upcoming holiday weekend.

madison-quarry-pump.jpg

It was good to dive with you as well Mike. Here's hoping that the quarry reopens sooner rather than later.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I agree with yall. We have been so lucky to have a place like Madison to dive here in North Alabama. Thanks Britt for working so hard to get the place open, and we all hope that it happens again next year. Lot of fun diving on Sunday!

I wont go into full details, but I just talked to the WB today and they said that we shouldn't worry about moving the snack shack or the boat that is parked at the end of the road. If the tests go bad, then we might even be open again before the end of Sept.

I wont go into full details, but I just talked to the WB today and they said that we shouldn't worry about moving the snack shack or the boat that is parked at the end of the road. If the tests go bad, then we might even be open again before the end of Sept.

just tell them to suck water down below the thermocline and not on the surface. that way the water left in it will be toasty warm. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom