Magnifying glasses for macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s what I did first thing when I got home. It sucks (sorry to burst your bubble, Bill). But it’s so compact and handy for travel, I’ll have one for my own too, in case I need to read those small prints in the waiver sheet before signing it. :D

It will look better when both you and the magnifying glass are under water.

Some how when I dip it underwater in the sink it’s magnification goes to almost nothing, may be 1.5 X. You need 2 of them with a sealed air gap in between them for sure.

As I said earlier, I've successfully used two separate magnifying lenses at the same time underwater to improve visual size, all with no air sealed between them. Certainly, a properly sealed system works much better but it can still be somewhat beneficial without. Not efficient though due to using both hands to hold the separate lenses.

The 4" to 5" glass magnifiers are more appropriate for this use. You can get good viewing from even a couple feet from the subject.

Screenshot_20190827-162709_Chrome.jpg

Mine looks like this one though I think it's the 4". Comes with a nice zip cover too that keeps it from getting damaged. Has a hole in handle that I use to attach to slim coil attached to my BCD so as not to lose it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom