Mail boxes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know where you can buy mail boxes (prop blaster) to use for treasure salvage?

would a mail box work with a 50 hp outboard??

I believe you must have a permit to use a mailbox, probably both federal and state. It may not be a bad idea to check with local authorities before embarking on any kind of work you are contemplating. The salvors I am familiar with, use much larger engines to drive this equipment.

Does anyone know where you can buy mail boxes (prop blaster) to use for treasure salvage?

would a mail box work with a 50 hp outboard??

You can't just walk into a salvage store and buy a mailbox.

I don't think you can use an outboard motor either.

Sorry if I sounded gruff...

Mailboxes are usually built custom for the boat / motor combination, so that they can be effectively lowered into place, and be in the correct position.

The choice of material, and diameter of the mailboxes would be determined by the prop size, and number of props. This is why they're usually custom built.

A 50 hp motor is pretty small as motors go... I can't imagine that they'd generate a lot of thrust to move a lot of dirt anyway?

What exactly are you looking to mailbox? Perhaps just a small airlift is all you really need?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom