Maine: Camden, Rockland & Lincolnville Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I 'm headed to Maine on Friday for two weeks and my goal is to go diving. I've been in contact with Sea Venture Charters out of Port Clyde and basically have been told that there are only 4 charter dates possible available during that time (and none yet with divers) because of the tuna-heads all going fishing. I'm looking for a divebuddy to do shore and or boat trips out of the Camden Rockland area as I will be staying in Lincolnville during that time. I am an avid diver and am looking for dive buddies with firm plans to dive from shore and from a boat. I'm certain there are many more cool water divers who are interested in diving.

Were you the one that was in contact with Diver Ed? I might be available on Sunday the 10th for a shore dive in the MDI area.

Were you the one that was in contact with Diver Ed? I might be available on Sunday the 10th for a shore dive in the MDI area.
note that this thread is from 2005...

Thank you Damselfish... my mistake on that one. There is a female diver from Alaska coming to this area this weekend.

note that this thread is from 2005...

This way be a glitch....

I have been in contact with AlaskaDiver via PM and she is presenty planning just such a trip.

Pete

I wouldn't mind doing a few shore dives. I'm in Milo but I can make it to Lincolnville. Let me know.

I didn't expect anyone to respond to my posting 3 years old!! the divers in Maine must have a small dive community. It is true. I am coming up to visit on Fri night (yes, really in 2008) and staying through Tuesday.
08/08 Fri night I plan on stopping along the way to Maine at the Sunken Forest in Rye NH for an early evening dive.
08/09 Sat I am meeting at Johnson's in Rockland at 9A to dive locally for two dives. I'm thinking Beauchamp Pt & Rockland Breakwater. I would love to do a night dive perhaps at the Rockland Breakwater.
08/10 Sunday - open to meeting some cool divers - locally or perhaps Acadia
08/11 Monday - open to meeting some cool divers - locally or perhaps Acadia
08/12 Tuesday - Morning I'd like to dive in Southern Maine on the way home. Spectrum can you dive on Tuesday morning? Your suggestions for dive site options are welcome.

I'm bringing my Diving in New England book by Jerry Shine.

PM me if you are interested in diving locally.

08/12 Tuesday - Morning I'd like to dive in Southern Maine on the way home. Spectrum can you dive on Tuesday morning?

Sorry I can't. It's a workday and a bad week even for night dives (big project at work)

There are a lot of nice sites down here. Nubble light would be a great one to do. It's good for several unique dives. Just important is that many divers are hung up on the place. That will make it easy to find a buddy. I'd post a separate thread, looking to dive Nubble Light 8/12 (AM, PM, Whatever)

The timing of your trip, PM to me and revival of this thread is just plain freaky!

Thanks for the info Spectrum.

My boyfriend happened to be on SB last night and noticed the posting in the New Posts with my thread! I usually go to Maine to visit my parents at their summer house around this time each year. I really love the area - no matter where I happen to be living. I'll do the Nubble Light on Tues in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom