Major Problem with New DUI TLS drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2,

I agree with what you did by sending the suit back to DUI. It is brand new and it is covered with DUI warranty. Let DUI worry about it and fix it for you properly. If it still doesn't work, it is their fault and no one would accuse you of breaking it later.

Have great time diving!!

I think you guys are missing something. An exhaust valve isn't rocket science. Replacing it is on par with opening a jar of pickles, then closing it again.

It involves no glue, no adjustments, no trimming and no special skills, although it may require a special wrench that the dealer should have.

flots.

Flots,

I have been using DUI suits for about 20 years and DUI dealer for about 10 years. Nothing is rocket science in this context but it is a brand new suit with what appears a value that is misbehaving. The dealer or the customer have no way of determining if there are no other issues with the suit or if the valve is actually the problem. DUI has all required tools to do a full suit check to ascertain that there are no other issues. DUI will also need to determine why the valve is defective (if the valve is actually defective).

Flots am,,,i love the way your posting under two different id's..you are also underseabumblebee //you screwed up when you answered under that id ..to my response to flots am...I dont' know what your game is but I don't like your attacks or implied attacks on DUI or the shop i do business with...I prefer you just stay out of my posts...I don't think you have any constructive advice and im very suspicous of your motive and im making a complaint with the board..as a moderater for other sites myself ...they will be able to trace the origns of your emails..

Flots am,,,i love the way your posting under two different id's..you are also underseabumblebee //you screwed up when you answered under that id ..to my response to flots am...I dont' know what your game is but I don't like your attacks or implied attacks on DUI or the shop i do business with...I prefer you just stay out of my posts...I don't think you have any constructive advice and im very suspicous of your motive and im making a complaint with the board..as a moderater for other sites myself ...they will be able to trace the origns of your emails..

Um No flots and I are not the same person. Do a search on my posts and you will see that I have been on the boards since 2005 and have met many of the folks in upstate SC and dove with them.

I was curious as it seemed you felt you only had two options, you or the manufacturer.

If you have any doubts about that I am not the same as flots, please contact El Orans, Netdoc, Howard or one of the other mods to verify that we are not the same.

You can have your suit repaired wherever you like. I asked you a question and you attack me. I made one post, asking you question. I did not attack you, your shop, or DUI

I was asked to do a follow up and i did ...I found the problem and and sent the suit to the proper place to have it fixed..since i have made the followup post i have had a few thank you type and then the others that question the decision and flat out imply that the shop is at some fault or not good at what they do for not attempted a repair..

I really don't appreciate this ...your advice was totally confusing in asking if i didnt follow your prior advise...the only prior neg. advice was from flots am who's personal info is no info...I have asked the board to look into the id's...

after reading ,,,re reading and rereading your post...it is still confusing but maybe not the same person..i will let the board deciede...I don't see what is confusing to you about the decision i made ...if you read all the posts here i think it was pretty step by step what was done and why i chose to send the suit back to dui for repair...

this post was never meant to be a discussion of my decision ..only a request for what may have been the problem and what i might do to determine or narrow down the problems..Most had great ideas like the flash light or adding air to the suit...

but when i posted my follow up as asked it became a Critique of my decision..this is not helpful,,its wrong and discourages postings..

If you turn out not to be Flots am i apologize for the mistake..but your Critique was not helpful and you could have got your answers to your questions if you read the whole post..

If you turn out not to be Flots am i apologize for the mistake..but your Critique was not helpful and you could have got your answers to your questions if you read the whole post..

I didn't critique you. I asked you a question. The question seems to bother you, so ignore it.

Well, just in case you are bluffing about asking the mods to verify my identity, I have reported your post and asked them to verify that I am not flots. Best of luck to you and I will be putting you on ignore so that I don't ever inadvertently ask you a question again.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Underseabumblebee and flots am are two completely different people. I hope this helps.

alibi2, you have been on the board long enough, and have enough posts here, to know that, when you start a thread, you begin a process over which you don't have complete control. You may well get an answer to the original question, but you may also get some feedback about the situation, or about your responses to it, that you didn't particularly want. That's just part of using the internet as a resource -- you cast a wide net, and then you have to peer carefully at what you catch in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom