Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really, what other sites do you visit that require you to do this? Patiently (sort of) waiting ...

None. But if you get one of them to work the wait is so much easier!!!

Honestly, I kicked myself for not just trying a different browser earlier, would have been better for my blood pressure.

I had the same problem. Turn of compatibility view in IE

Lack of effective word-wrap on posts is incredibly annoying and this interferes with some functions such as quidk reply and/or reply to thread.

I wasn't aware that you were asking a question. Word wrap is working fine for the majority of users.
It is for me across 4 test platforms - Win7/IE9, Win7/Chrome, WinXP/IE8 and WinXP/Chrome (4 different machines). This post was written using my Win7/IE9 machine and word wrapped correctly.

What browser/version are you using? Windows/Mac? IE7 conflicts with the new .vBulletin - our recommendation is to upgrade to IE8, Firefox 3.x.x. or Chrome - seems to resolve many issues.
We can't address backward functionaliy with IE7, we didn't write the .vBulletin software.

If you can post a screenshot here it may help diagnose the problem.

I find the new site much slower, more difficult to navigate because the quick navigation pull down menu is clunkier and sometimes positioned too far to the right (partially off-screen) and in general I don't think it looks any better, worse actually. Not much of an "upgrade" IMO. Sure, I'm not using the latest computer in the world, but why should I have to for a simple internet forum?

So, what are the benefits of the new site?

I find the new site much slower, more difficult to navigate because the quick navigation pull down menu is clunkier and sometimes positioned too far to the right (partially off-screen) and in general I don't think it looks any better, worse actually. Not much of an "upgrade" IMO. Sure, I'm not using the latest computer in the world, but why should I have to for a simple internet forum?

So, what are the benefits of the new site?

Read this. seems they've identified and fixed several issues in the last 24 hours.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/384482-loading-slow.html

It might be not-quite-as-slow today as it was a few days ago, but still much slower, clunkier, and less overall user-friendly IMO than the old site. Again, there must be benefits I'm unaware of, anyone want to fill me in? I have not read this entire thread, the way things are loading it would take a lot of extra time.

Back
Top Bottom