Makaha Turtle Cleaning Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RPdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha! How hard is it to find the Makaha Turtle Cleaning Station from a shore dive? Location from the Lifeguard tower or hotel and how many yards out? Mahalo!

We leave from the Kaena Point side of Makaha Beach, then surface swim for the buoy and drop there. The cleaning station is a little further. A tip: we dived along the bottom of the wall and found a fat lot of nothing. The cool stuff (cleaning station/caverns) is on top of the wall maybe 10-30 yards from the edge.

We leave from the Kaena Point side of Makaha Beach, then surface swim for the buoy and drop there. The cleaning station is a little further. A tip: we dived along the bottom of the wall and found a fat lot of nothing. The cool stuff (cleaning station/caverns) is on top of the wall maybe 10-30 yards from the edge.

Mahalo, I'll look for that buoy. Hope it's not too far a swim from the beach, I'll be after the turtles to video tape.

Regards

From the lifeguard tower on the right of the beach it is about 500 yards. Ask the lifeguard where all the divers enter (to the right), the swim will be about 400 yards if there is no current.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

From the lifeguard tower on the right of the beach it is about 500 yards. Ask the lifeguard where all the divers enter (to the right), the swim will be about 400 yards if there is no current.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Thanks Daiika-san I'll be there on in 3 weeks and post some videos if they come out ok. I also hear that a dive flag is needed or else they will not let you dive.

As the others have stated, it's very easy to locate - I usually swim out from just to the left of the lifeguard tower toward the buoy then follow the edge of the 'wall' and you'll see the turtle station on your right hand side - about 50 ft from the edge of the wall. I'm guessing it's about a 50 -100 yard swim from the buoy. Each time I've been there it's had 10-20 turtles hanging around the immediate area.

Have a great time :)

Aloha, Tim

As the others have stated, it's very easy to locate - I usually swim out from just to the left of the lifeguard tower toward the buoy then follow the edge of the 'wall' and you'll see the turtle station on your right hand side - about 50 ft from the edge of the wall. I'm guessing it's about a 50 -100 yard swim from the buoy. Each time I've been there it's had 10-20 turtles hanging around the immediate area.

Have a great time :)

Aloha, Tim

Thanks for the directions now I could almost find the spot with my eyes closed! Hope get some good videos and dedicate it to you guys Mahalo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom